Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

When buying a buggyboard from eBay, what do I need to check?

(7 Posts)
plupervert Mon 12-Sep-11 21:54:04

I have found the buggyboard I need for our pram and folding stroller for DC2, and was hoping to buy it from eBay. However, I have been a bit bamboozled by boasts of "uncut straps" and all the connecting bits.

What do I really need to ensure is there, in order to make the package worth while bidding on?

Many thanks in advance for any advice! smile

pramsgalore Mon 12-Sep-11 22:15:54

both clips, uncut straps is a must or they may not fit your pram, on a lascal board also make sure you have the extention arms, as you will need these for some prams/pushchairs, i would buy a new one, mine is nackered, the wheel gets stuck going up kerbs, they do get heavy use and i know of no one who get their dc to step off board to go down kerbs, they just go down with a bang grin. by the time you pay the postage i bet you would not be far off getting a new one. but thats just me.

pramsgalore Mon 12-Sep-11 22:16:27

what buggy board is it

I agree that its probably cheaper to buy a new one - I bought one from eBay, it broke within the month and because it was the old style I couldn't get spares, so had to buy another one anyway. Double the cost for twice the hassle.

plupervert Mon 12-Sep-11 22:24:52

Thanks so much for the quick responses!

pramsgalore, it is a Lascal maxi buggyboard. I used the fit-checker on the kiddicare website to ensure that it would fit both prams.

pramsgalore Mon 12-Sep-11 22:32:30

thats the one i have, to get it to fit both you will need to buy spare clips as well, [about £16] i really would buy a new one, but if not you need, uncut straps x2, clips x2, board plus wheels, extention arms x 2, strap to keep it up out of the way when not in use, are you watching any yet, i think you would be paying about £35 or more including postage but i may be wrong.

plupervert Tue 13-Sep-11 09:07:12

Thank you! Actually, £35 doesn't sound that bad. Kiddicare has the board at about £50, and we're only going to use one pram at a time, so may not need the extra connectors initially.... Hmmm....

But I am keeping in mind your and WhereBeThatBlackbirdTo's comments about buggyboards' getting knackered...

Thanks again for taking so much time to reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now