Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Best pushchair to take on plane/holiday?

(3 Posts)
Esme11 Sat 10-Sep-11 20:33:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MonkeysPunk Sun 11-Sep-11 13:45:23

Sorry I haven't been on a plane in years, but have taken ours on holiday by train, bus and car and found it excellent. Compact, and v comfy for baby. Copes withmore terrains than your average umbrella fold.

seaside72 Sun 11-Sep-11 14:03:41

BJCM is an excellent buggy for travelling (I love ours and it has been all over the world with us!) BUT there are virtually no pushchairs that you are allowed to take actually on the plane with you. Only the very tiny umbrella ones can potentially go on the plane and even then it is at the discretion of the cabin crew who often say no IME.

If you get a BJCM you can take it to the plane door and then the crew will put it in the hold. You will then get it back with at baggage reclaim (which is not ideal especially when you arrive at a massive airport and have to walk miles carrying a jetlagged child!) so a sling/baby bjorn is also worthwhile for little ones.

FYI if you do get a BJCM and take it through security remove the side wheels before shoving it through the scanner - I learnt this after ours jammed the conveyer belt and a security guy had to crawl in after it! Also I have a lightweight carry bag for ours which I pop it in at the plane door to protect it from the sometimes less than gently baggage handlers!

Good luck and happy travels

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now