Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can you get hood covers for buggies?

(9 Posts)
flootshoot Sat 03-Sep-11 20:12:21

couldn't think how to phrase that clearly! I'm very happy with my stroller but the hood material is very thin and I'm thinking of re-covering it. I don't want to wreck it though, so I thought I'd make a fabric cover to go over it. What I want to know it whether any companies sell something like this to save me sewing. I know you can buy bugaboo hoods, but don't know how they attach confused!

friggFRIGG Sat 03-Sep-11 20:42:03

What stroller do you have?

flootshoot Sat 03-Sep-11 21:15:04

It's a hauck citi - the hood clips on just like a bog standard stroller hood, but it's actually pretty hard to buy a hood on its own, plus it's slightly wider than most cheapy strollers. I was thinking of getting a chameleon hood and just sewing it over the top of the hood I have if that makes sense!!

casperella Sat 03-Sep-11 21:19:10

Try ebay - I just bought a replacement hood for my Jane pram as it went fusty.

flootshoot Sat 03-Sep-11 21:23:02

Tried! Very hard to buy normal stroller hoods, and it's very hard to know if they'll fit without trying first. Bugaboo is the only company that seem to sell hood fabric on it's own. But it's an expensive purchase if it doesn't work.

It's not that I want to replace the hood, just thicken it for winter as the wind will whistle straight through it as it currently stands!

suzie38 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:30:03

Snunkie can cover hoods but it requires you to send the whole hood off to them unless of course it's a Bugaboo one you want...Ordering isn't as simple as it used to be plus there's generally quite a waiting list.

aswellasyou Sat 03-Sep-11 21:40:21

Bugaboo hoods have removeable rods in them and the fabric just slides off, which is why you get so many customs for them. I wouldn't attempt to attach a Bugaboo hood to yours to be honest. I think the effort involved would be more than just starting from scratch yourself.

flootshoot Sat 03-Sep-11 21:40:50

I think it's going to be cheapest and easiest to do it myself.....!

sillyworriedmama Wed 07-Sep-11 13:28:28

try sia's stylish strollers on FB she does lots of covers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now