Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

My BJCMicro has been broken on the plane. Claim on insurance, repair or just replace?

(12 Posts)
ENormaSnob Sat 03-Sep-11 10:13:23

Just got back from Turkey and my bjc micro has been broken on the return journey sad

Its the harness bit, one of the bits that plug into the lap strap has snapped off.

Any suggestions?

pramsgalore Sat 03-Sep-11 10:55:11

claim for new one

fraktious Sat 03-Sep-11 11:03:10

Definitely claim.

Baby Jogger might be able to send you a new bit if you could work out how to get it onto the strap I guess but presumable you have insurance just for this sort of situation?

Tiggywunkle Sat 03-Sep-11 12:38:24

Give Kooltrade a ring on Monday. They are absolutely lovely and hopefully can help.

ENormaSnob Sat 03-Sep-11 14:01:01

Yeah I have insurance but have never ever had to make a claim for anything and thought it would be a bit of a ball ache iyswim.

I will ring to see if I can get the part first, if no joy then I will contact insurance people.

Do I send them the whole pram?

pramsgalore Sat 03-Sep-11 14:16:39

i would not send the insurance company the pushchair unless they ask provide them with photos of damage along with your claim, can not see it being a hassel just a form to fill in and photos. but yes babyjogger may just give you a new strap with clip, so may be worth a phone call.

friggFRIGG Sat 03-Sep-11 15:10:50

Nooooo!sad
what a PITA!

(is it the one you bought from me? <think it's you> get in touch if you need any info)

ENormaSnob Sat 03-Sep-11 15:37:07

Yep its me Frigg.

Thanks for that. I will try bj first for the part, then insurance if no joy.

Will it affect the cost of my holiday insurance in the future?

This is sooo not hwlping my holiday blue

ENormaSnob Sat 03-Sep-11 15:37:40

so not helping my holiday blues blush

friggFRIGG Sat 03-Sep-11 16:17:51

sadbrew

Hevster Sat 03-Sep-11 20:37:23

we claimed for a camera that got nicked on holiday and it didn't affect any future holiday insurance, not claimed for a buggy but do know it's a nightmare trying to claim if you didn't report it at the airport and get a reference number etc.

ENormaSnob Fri 09-Sep-11 11:52:45

Just letting you all know that I spoke to the lovely people at baby jogger and they are sending me a replacement clip.

So easy to do and only £7.

I did buy a quinny zapp in the meantime though blush

Y'know, to cheer me up grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now