Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Small, lightweight travel system - recommendations

(8 Posts)
sagolou Fri 02-Sep-11 10:11:16

I want to buy a small travel system (won't be used on buses etc but needed because old terraced house is VERY small and the hall is almost non-existent!). Want to have carry-cot/cocoon, seat (that can face both ways preferably), and car seat. Have looked at some great systems but they seem huge when folded down. Any recommendations - other than the Bugaboo Bee? Thanks!

Tiggywunkle Fri 02-Sep-11 10:36:40

Baby Jogger City Mini - carrycot cot face you but seat only faces outwards. It folds down very small. Quinny Zapp Xtra - no carrycot but suitable from birth and is snuggly for a newborn with a Bugaboo Cocoon in - but the fold is awkwards. The Baby Jogger City Select is slim folded, and the Bugaboo Chameleon is slimmer than the Bee folded. Both these two have wheels that can just be popped off to make them slimmer so slide into a gap. Both have seats that can be hung from coat hooks on the back of a door so are easy to store. The carrycots fold flattish too. The iCandy Peach folds small but more chunky. These three also face both ways. I also have a Babyzen which folds down small and slim but it's outward facing only beyond the carrycot stage.

sillyworriedmama Fri 02-Sep-11 11:29:30

I'm off to check out the P&T smart, takes a peanut (safe for overnight sleeping) bassinet and a maxi-cosi car seat, with adaptors it faces both ways. Will let you know what I think when I get home! Apparently (from a review I read) it's good with a buggy board on too which sounds promising.

fairimum Fri 02-Sep-11 12:29:59

icandy cherry is lovely and would work smile

sagolou Fri 02-Sep-11 13:59:36

Wow, what a wealth of information! Thanks everyone.

sillyworriedmama Fri 02-Sep-11 19:14:05

FYI I'm possibly replacing the cherry with the P&T because the cherry doesn't take a buggy board with the carrycot in place, and the carrycot isn't signed off for overnight sleeping. If neither of those things matter though, then I do think it's a brilliant buggy!

fairimum Fri 02-Sep-11 20:03:59

hmmm i used a buggy board fine with my cherry and the carrycot and if you buy a proper matress (ours was from baby matresses online) then it can be used for overnight!

aswellasyou Fri 02-Sep-11 21:38:19

Do you have a budget? The 2011 Britax B-Mobile would be a cheap option-it takes a carseat, carrycot, coccoon or the Sleeper (carrycot that can be used in the car).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now