Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone had experience with M&P Luna mix?

(30 Posts)
memphis83 Wed 31-Aug-11 17:24:15

We have had to take our lightweight pushchair back, we have an icandy for walking distances with but want a lighter one for the car, been looking at the Luna, looked at independant reviews they go from excellent to one star, saying they tip up, anyone got any experience of them or got any ideas of something like it also been looking at Cossatto Yo! thank in advance

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 17:30:30

i have had a luna, lovely and light to push, easy to fold, big hood, roomy shopping basket, but they do tip back really easy, you can not hang anything off the handle bar and if dd was to have a tantrum and threw her self back in the seat it would tip back, but other than that they are nice, everyone seems to rave about baby jogger city mini so worth a look

5inthebed Wed 31-Aug-11 17:38:11

I found they tip up very easily, not ideal for the car either as they are quite big folded.

I agree with pramsgalore, look at the BJCM, my favourite lightweight pram ever.

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 17:39:10

oh and they have the freedom harness, should be be called the pain in the backside harness, a faff to get on dc if they are playing up and you must use the bumperbar as the freedom harness is not fixed to the back of the pushchair so they could tip forward with out it, infact when the lunas first came out they had no bumperbar, but they soon handed them out free of charge because of this and all lunas now come with them as standard.

memphis83 Wed 31-Aug-11 17:46:16

Right that has put me off of them thats for quick replies, I dont want a 3 wheeler as thats what I have taken back (not a baby jogger) as it tipped over so want 4 wheels, think I will go to Kiddicare after work tomorrow, John Lewis have hardly anything in stock and it was a four week wait for any of the Silver Cross ones I liked.

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 17:50:27

baby jogger now do a 4 wheel version and in sept britax will have their b-agile which will also have 4 wheels on sale which i think has better features to the baby jogger mini

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 17:53:40

i love kiddicare they have so many and all out on display a pram addicts dream shop grin

5inthebed Wed 31-Aug-11 18:02:23

I'm glad I live oop north,nowhere near Kidicare, otherwise DH would be a very angry bloke grin

Have you tried a Maclaren XT or Quest? They are good car prams as well.

memphis83 Wed 31-Aug-11 18:08:37

Last time I nipped in for a stroller for my mums car I was on the pram floor for over an hour! I like the xt but wanted something not umbrella fold!

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 18:19:26

Just bought a Luna mix! shock

Well if mine tips up I shall give them what for and demand something else! grin (yes yes I know m&p are notoriously bad for customer relations but hey ho)

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 18:20:30

And if you can't hang bags over the back where the fuck can you put them? That basket is non existent, I call it the rain cover holder.

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 18:28:14

can you not return it when it arrives

5inthebed Wed 31-Aug-11 18:30:05

Mmphis, honestly, get a BJCM. I never found mine tippy.

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 18:43:35

Nope, it has arrived and been put together <too excitable about buggys> it's for my baby due on sat so I'm thinking it won't tip yet so long as I don't put bags on the back I will just take it bake and complain if and when... Or if I get bored of it and want a new one grin

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 18:44:51

Does anyone know then, is it tippy with just the car seat in?

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 18:50:15

have you looked on ebay at the carrycots that go in the luna, i'm not sure if you can buy them new anymore, but they do look nice, the shopping basket holds more than you think ,i think you will be surprised and on days that look like it may rain , put the rain cover up over the hood, but dont hang anything off handle bars as it WILL tip, but apart from tipping and the harness they are nice to push so not all bad

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 31-Aug-11 18:51:58

I had a Luna and loved it. Never tipped up once.

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 18:54:12

Yes I've been swooshing it around the living room <sad emoticon> it does push lovely smile

I'm not a fan of carrycots in prams for some unknown reason, I do like the carseat in the frame by itself though and also makes it easier for in and out of the car so just wondered if it's known to tip with the carseat in as that would be dangerous with a tiny baby sad

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 18:58:51

never used a carseat in it so don't know sorry

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 19:00:40

Ok, I think I shall have to do som 'testing' before I put the baby in it.

Gwen, did you never put bags on the handle?

5inthebed Wed 31-Aug-11 19:11:50

I think you'd be ok with the car seat as the weight won't be on the back of the pram, it will be more front and middle.

My sister has a Luna, she loves hers.

saoirse86 Wed 31-Aug-11 21:19:52

You could get these to help the tipping issue.

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 21:33:52

Ooh thank you saoirse smile what a good invention.

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 21:36:32

i used them on my micralite when i was using the buggy board, they did help,don't think they would fit right above the wheels though, but look like they would fit abit higher up above the footrest which should still work,

memphis83 Wed 31-Aug-11 21:45:51

mrsrhettbutler by weird coincidence Ive been out for a meal tonight and there was a baby that was in a carseat on a luna mix that ds wouldnt leave alone I got chatting and asked if I could push it, I lifted the back too and it wasnt tippy in the slightest, I had just read the reviews that when it is laid back with toddler in, also my friend had one according to her responce to me earlier and she said shopping on the handles is a no no as that makes it tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now