Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo gecko

(10 Posts)
Poweredbypepsi Wed 31-Aug-11 13:15:07

I have seen one on ebay near me and wondered if it was worth bidding. We have tried the bugaboo chameleon and liked it but i have read reviews that say the gecko isnt as good - i.e the seat is too small?
A new one is totally out of our price range and seem to go for alot second hand as well so our choices are possibly this or a cheaper travel system.
Are these ok I dont know much about this kid of pushchair!
also can you use a buggy board with this?

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 13:29:29

yes the buggy board will fit, the gecko is smaller seat, no suspension, no adjustable handle and no bumper bar, i think it is the same as the frog but the frog has a bumperbar, i had a cam but sold it on a few years ago, i have been looking at buying another second hand, blush as i want someting i can colour change, looked at the geckos and frogs but could not bring my self to buy one, so i paid the extra and got a cam blush again as i think i would regret getting one of the others, you will get a good resale for it, look at the thread about the difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen, mine is a 1st

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 13:31:43

what is your budget if you don't mind me asking, we may be able to find you something else smile

Poweredbypepsi Wed 31-Aug-11 13:36:26

my budget is max of £300 I nearly fainted when i saw the prices of the pushchairs. This is dc 5 my last 3 have all used the same pushchair (Loola) but thats pretty much ruined now i was hoping to get a new one for the next baby.
I really like parent facing ones with carrycots as they tend to sleep in it during the day alot but that type are really pricey!.
We looked at some like this
www.mothercare.com/Silver-Cross-Complete-Pram-Pushchair/dp/B002UKJJ00?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=598238031&sr=1-1&qid=1314794094&pf_rd_r=1XR2EY1RS4Y228YDKE77&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=598238031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

but we really didnt like the feel of it.
Any suggestions would be great smile

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 13:47:21

yes i would not go for one of them, i had a pliko which are the same and not that great, have also read they are heavy is push and lift, and baby would only be facing you for max of 5 months then its forward facing. if you look and wait you would get a cam for 300 plus postage as i have seen them go for this on ebay, granted the ones that won't post go for less.
will have a think

MeriNisipPoissons Wed 31-Aug-11 13:50:11

What about a Loola Up, some good ones on eBay with Windoo carrycot.

pramsgalore Wed 31-Aug-11 13:54:32

have pm you,

aswellasyou Wed 31-Aug-11 14:14:05

The Gecko seat is the exact same size as the Cameleon seat. I have a Gecko and it's fantastic! The handle is a good middle of the road height, the suspension is great and it is so easy to push. You should be able to get it a lot cheaper than £300 with extras (I'd say £150 or less easily).

Other options for less than £300 second hand would be a Babystyle Oyster, OBaby ZeZu, Concord Neo, Joolz Day, Micralite Toro.

aswellasyou Wed 31-Aug-11 14:24:07

You may be lucky enough to get hold of an iCandy Peach for £300. If you can, it would be a very good buy.
I forgot to say, I agree with not getting a Silver Cross.

Mumswang Wed 31-Aug-11 14:30:17

I've got a gecko I really like too

I'm 5'8 and the handle height is fine. Have never been sure of the point of a bumper bar, so don't miss that. DS is 2 and fairly tall and fits fine in it

It's good over rough ground, but is small and nippy enough for our tiny shops. It folds small enough for our little boot

Has the forward / backward / seat / carrycot versatility of other bugaboos but at a far more reasonable price

Hope that helps smile

And because they're old ish now they are pretty cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now