Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Pushchair Gurus Please Help!!

(10 Posts)
MrsSnaplegs Mon 29-Aug-11 08:56:12

We are looking for a 3 wheeler pushchair for DS 9 months. We had a great one for DD (now 5) but unfortunately the wheels got turned to concrete after a particularly muddy Land Rover show (lots of rain and mud, show organisers decided to put down straw to make walking easier - result a bit like wattle and daub walls on an old house!)

DH is SAHD and will be the main user, for the schol run (flat street walking), out and about generally but also when camping, walking, going to Land Rover shows etc. Needs to be fairly robust for these events whih can be quite muddy.

DS is only 9 months but big (98th percentile height and weight) and likes to be able to lie down to sleep in pushchair but also when sat up likes to be very upright. We have a separate car seat so only need pushchair.

When collapsed it will need to go in the back of Land Rover but be compact enough it can be strapped to side in boot so dog can get in as well.

I use public transport fairly regularly as I can't drive (helath reasons) so easy to get on buses and into taxis if required. This is minor as it is mainly DH that will be using it.

We have looked at a couple but can't seem to make a decision so need some advice!

We don't have a huge budget and will probably need to buy second hand from Ebay.

We have seen the Mamakiddies 3 wheeler on there new at £109.99 which looks ok but can't test it out. We tried a Quinny Speedi (older model but new) which we could get for £160 from a small independent retailer and we also have access to a local baby shop which can get discontinued models or good secondhand for us if we ask. We have seen a Jane slalom pro on ebay but DH didn't like the clear plastic section on hood confused

So ..... what is the best 3 wheeler on the market that we can get to meet our needs? What should we be looking for on Ebay? Any top tips on what to avoid?

pramsgalore Mon 29-Aug-11 10:07:37

i would go for a mountain buggy urban and if you are not fussed about a front swivel wheel an old terrain model, both are on ebay second hand all the time, the terrain will be cheaper.

FriggFRIGG Mon 29-Aug-11 10:09:34

MOUNTAIN BUGGYS WERE MADE FOR THIS,YOU CAN PICK UP AN OLD STYLE 'TERRAIN' OR (sorry about those caps) 'urban' for under £100 on Ebay. arguably the 'strongest buggy on the market,really hard wearing,brilliant to move about,heavy to lift though.
then there is the baby jogger city classic or elite,
or the nipper 360 or instep (very light weigt and mnoverable,still sturdy.

nipper 360

buggy urban

mountain buggy terrain

hope that helps a bit!

MrsSnaplegs Mon 29-Aug-11 10:57:22

Thanks have put a couple of those on watch and will look for similar - the mountain buggy looks like the right thing, folded it will go in the back of the car.

DH read my initial post and said I'm not sad (SAHD) grin

FriggFRIGG Mon 29-Aug-11 11:40:39

grin bless him.

MrsSnaplegs Mon 29-Aug-11 12:28:55

He always asks well what would the mafia advise I think I spend too much time heregrin but once again you have come up trumpssmile

FriggFRIGG Mon 29-Aug-11 12:35:05

grin

i like being thought of as the pram mafia... <ponders new outfit>

MrsSnaplegs Mon 29-Aug-11 12:58:03

<pram gurus migrate to style and beauty for mafia outfit tips> grin

Tiggywunkle Mon 29-Aug-11 17:45:17

shock Mafia!!!??!! shock lol

MrsSnaplegs Mon 29-Aug-11 20:16:53

He means it in the nicest way honestlywink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now