Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Do you always fasten the safety straps on your BJCM?

(11 Posts)
teaandbiscuitsplease Sun 28-Aug-11 22:23:49

Just curious really - I always used to do it religiously on my double but have hardly done it on the new single and its been fine. I do feel a bit naughty though!

Also.. does anyone know what the extra black popper straps are for at the bottom on the back of the 2011 model?

thisisyesterday Sun 28-Aug-11 22:25:30

nope, i used to but now i can't be bothered!

suzie38 Sun 28-Aug-11 22:25:42

Well i haven't got that pushchair but i don't strap DD into any of the pushchairs i own...All have bumper bars though.

teaandbiscuitsplease Sun 28-Aug-11 22:29:23

Sorry Suzie - was meaning the popper straps under the seat which attach to the frame. My fault for not making that clear .

FriggFRIGG Sun 28-Aug-11 23:11:10

no i didnt....
UNTIL the day my DD decided she wanted something from the basket,i was in the bank,so distracted...
she grabbed the 'fold' handle to pull herself around,and FOLDED THE BUGGY ON HERSELF!shock
i grabbed the handle bar just in time to flick it back into place,before it totally closed up,but it was a really frightening moment,and she hurt her back sad

pramsgalore Sun 28-Aug-11 23:19:00

i was watching someone putting a bjcm in their car and wondered what they were doing just before they folded it, so really it's not a one handed fold is it.

sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 23:21:58

Never done it. may do it when I use it in carrycot mode or car seat mode when baby here.

thisisyesterday Sun 28-Aug-11 23:23:01

it is if you don't do the poppers on the frame!

i think you could still do it one handed though tbh

pramsgalore Sun 28-Aug-11 23:30:35

but if you don't put the safety straps on it could fold, like with frigg, i now think i prefer the sound of the britax one thats due out. you don't have to mess about with poppers

Tiggywunkle Sun 28-Aug-11 23:47:42

Hmm...I dont...but I might do now after reading what Frigg's daughter did. I asked the Baby Jogger rep what the black poppers along the back were for (because on the double there are four and they completely restrict access to the shopping basket) and she didn't know they were there but she did mention that there had been a case where a child had done as Frigg's DD did and she wondered if it was something to do with extra safety measures, but she didn't really know.

teaandbiscuitsplease Mon 29-Aug-11 07:25:37

Thanks for the replies - interesting reading, especially your's Frigg! It's not really much trouble to do, just I don't always remember. Tiggy - strange the rep didn't know. I've got the new 4-wheeler and they're not mentioned in the manual at all - but then neither are the sit-up straps! Looks like they've just taken the 3 wheel manual and put new pics in - bit rubbish really and a rare grumble about an otherwise brilliant pushchair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now