Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Mountain Buggy Duo

(10 Posts)
YellowSparkle Fri 26-Aug-11 20:14:02

Hi im trying to decide which double buggy is best for when my next baby arrives. DD will be 13 month when the baby arrives, so i will need something suitable for both ages. I will also have an almost 4 year old DS so will need something quite light and easy to push.
The mountain buggy duo seems like a good buggy, however is pricy and im wondering if its worth the money. Has anyone experienced this buggy or have a better alternative?
Thanks

aswellasyou Fri 26-Aug-11 20:21:29

Tiggy's your woman. Double pushchairs are a minefield but bestbuggy.co.uk would be a good starting point for information.

Tiggywunkle Fri 26-Aug-11 20:36:03

I think side by sides will certainly be easier for you than a tandem. Re side by sides, I have just got the Mountain Buggy Duet and I have to say the quality is not what I expected. I hope to look at a Duo again soon and see if that is any better. But for similar money ie within £100 more or less, I would definitely recommend the Baby Jogger City Elite, the Baby Jogger City Mini, the Easywalker Sky Duo and Twinner Twist Duo. These should all easily hold a 4 going on 5 year old. The Nipper is good too but it's wide and you may find your eldest dangles their feet. But have a look! If you don't need any shopping space then the Phil&Teds Vibe and Verve are worth a look too. But which of those I would point you towards would depend on your lifestyle eg do you need a car seat, do you walk lots, do you shop, car boot size, door frame size etc. Like aswellasyou says, go and have a look at Best Buggy. it should start you off with ideas.

YellowSparkle Fri 26-Aug-11 20:54:11

Thanks for the quick repsonses! I will have a look at the website suggested. It will need to fit into a car boot, so being light and easy to fold would help but I wouldnt need a car seat with the pram. However the pram needs to be suitable for going round town centres/ shopping and short walks. I have a mamas and papas sola atm and wanst intending on having to look at prams all over again...theres so much choice.

Tiggywunkle Fri 26-Aug-11 21:05:41

You could also consider something like a Joovy Caboose or a Sit n Stand given your DDs age but it would mean the baby would be in a car seat. Or a freerider scooter on the back of a pushchair? You probably won't need a double for too long.

YellowSparkle Fri 26-Aug-11 21:15:06

I reckon ill need a double buggy for a least a year and a half until dd is 2ish, so id rather invest in a good double buggy than struggle. Especially if it means i can get out the house.
The Easywalker duo looks very similar to the mountain buggy and the price again seems similar. Ill probably have a look at some reviews for that buggy to. Is there much difference between the mountain buggy and the Easywalker?

Tiggywunkle Fri 26-Aug-11 22:01:41

The Easywalker quality is very good. Lovely thick canvassy type fabric and chunky metal chassis. I think my main niggle is it has zips rather than a toggle recline which are a bit fiddling in between the seats. I expected the Duet to be of similar quality although I admit the Easywalker is a bit more. The car seat adaptors are odd though. Get a lesson on how to fit them because I failed to work them out successfully! I wasn't keen on the visors that drop down each time you open the hood but I am sure a pin could fix that.

YellowSparkle Sat 27-Aug-11 19:41:34

Thanks for the advise. Think i will have a look to see if there are any retailers locally who stock them so i can have a look at them.

PrincessScrumpy Sat 27-Aug-11 22:18:17

We tried a Mountain Buggy Duet today and decided the quality wasn't what we expected for the price and the handle wasn't very comfy due to the grip on it. We've decided to go with the Out and About Nipper 360 with the newborn inserts (for twins). I was disappointed as we've been holding out for the Duet as babies are coming on Friday next week! We tested the nipper and it goes through the front door and I can hold it up with one hand and remove a wheel easily with the other to get it through our internal doors (despite being 36 +2w pg with twins). It's much nicer to push than the duet IMHO. The new nipper is due out in October and will have seats that sit more upright and an adjustable handle (these aren't issues for us so we're getting the current model)

Tiggywunkle Sat 27-Aug-11 22:25:04

I am glad I am not the only one who feels the quality is lacking and who diesnt like the handlebar (I have bought a cover for my handle). I am actually missing my Nipper now (it had a bent wheel and was returned). It was so light to push. The Duet feels relatively heavy TBH and mine lists to the side my eldest is sat on rather than running straight sad Good luck with your twins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now