Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

URGENT advice on p&T. Please

(6 Posts)
threecurrantbuns Tue 23-Aug-11 14:35:07

I am due to have our fourth baby when he or she arrives no3 will be 25mth but i will have four under six.

I havent had a double yet dispite having fairly close age gaps as i have had good walkers.

ATM dc3 does walk a bit a may well be capable of walking well when dc4 arrives BUT im thinking i may need a double to get out and about with all four rahter than 3 wondering smalls while a push a pram!???

So here is the big question, i can get hold of a brand new p&T never used with doubles kit for £299 ive looked into it and it seems alot of 2nd hands go for this. I am in very early stages of pregnancy but feel this oppotunity may well not come up again, and if we wait the get one could end up paying the same or more for a 2nd hand one. I m sure i wouldnt lose too much if we sold it one, but will i use it?

When dc3 arrived i put him in a sling and dc2 in buggy OR dc3 in pram and dc2 on buggy board. I could probably do this again although dc3 is not as good of a walker in the sense of being easily distracted so thinking life maybe easier at the start with two out of a pushchiar and two in??

Shall i wait or go for the bargin p&T??? they will reserve for one day

Also looked at a nipper369 but wont fit in the boot with 6th seat up

Thanks in advance

threecurrantbuns Tue 23-Aug-11 14:35:36

'360' very rushed post so prob loads of typos

Tiggywunkle Tue 23-Aug-11 14:43:18

You could buy it and then always EBay it later if you change your mind! I bet you would get more for it so wouldn't lose. Will the P&T fit in the car? They aren't small folded unless dismantled. What do you use a pushchair for? That to me is crucial. If it's shopping then I would never recommend a P&Ts unless you get panniers. Tesco have deals on BJCMs at the minute too if size is an issue.

missnevermind Tue 23-Aug-11 14:57:43

I bought a second hand P&T off a friend, cheapish but not looked after at all.

DC4 is 3 weeks old DC3 is 28 months. It has been in my shed for quite a while, but I knew that I wouldnt get the chance again so had it when I had the cash.
I have no idea if I will ever use it, but they sell really well on eBay, so I thought I might as well go for it.

If you can spare the money then go for it. They are easy to push and fine on public transport a little long but OK.

threecurrantbuns Tue 23-Aug-11 15:11:27

I would use it for a bit of everything some village walks with the dog. School run (although its only a short one) And trips around town, dont walk to town i drive as we are 7miles from nearest town.

When dc2 was born dc1 was 21mth and i never used apart from maybe three times but i only had two then. I dont want to be restricted to where i go due to worrying about watching where they all are and if they are touching etc in shops. Saying that during the day dc1 will be at school mon to fri and dc2 pre school 15hrs a week.

Just seems such a bargin...i hear the distant ring of, ' i should have bought it' ps seeing it folded im quite sure it would fit but would need to try it to be sure. I can fit my bugaboo cameleon next to 6th seat!

Rebelcountycailin Tue 23-Aug-11 15:22:49

Hi,
I have a P&T - absolutely love it. My two DC are 15 months apart and DC1 still not walking well at 22 months.

When DC2 was newborn it worked really well as a pram and DC1 sat at the front, you can also fix on a car seat at the front and have the older DC sitting at the back and then you can have it with the two seats, so you have 3 options in 1.

The second seat can also be used as a baby bouncer chair at home, which both of mine loved way more than the other chair I had and eventually gave away.

My only gripe is the lack of space for putting shopping so you can get the panniers as someone else mentioned. Otherwise I find it brilliant - I don't have a large boot and it all fits in just fine. smile

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now