Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Does anyone have the new Britax Dual?

(9 Posts)
LaTristesse Tue 23-Aug-11 12:44:13

If so, what do you think?

I've been using a Vigour 3 up til now, but am now expecting DC2 so would like to get a double / tandem. Am happy with Britax (and want to economise by re-using our car seat) so am considering this new Dual. Are you happy with it? Specific questiosn include:

Does the rain hood cover both chairs or will I need 2 x rainhoods?
Is the carrycot (if you have one) substantial enough (looks a bit flimsy in the pictures)
Does it fold up easily?

Thanks people smile

Tiggywunkle Tue 23-Aug-11 13:04:35

I think the 2011 B-Dual is brilliant. It's easy to push, folds with two seats on and has lots of seating options eg car seats, carrycot, soft cot etc. And configurations. Its got large hoods, the baby or toddler can go in either seat, its got a fab basket too. It comes with one coverall raincover included. The carrycot is an optional extra, as are the soft cots. Having seen people buy hard carrycots to go on the top, I have to say I, and they, think that a soft cot in the lower seat works better because you aren't then compromising the toddlers space. Go and have a look here and under the green 'reviews and information' tab you will see photos of the carrycot in situ. My only criticism is that the children seem to 'hang' from the seats. I have been told and have seen it a good handful of times now. I think it's worse the older the child gets, but it can be alleviated by having the footrest up a bit. I can't work out why the seat is like this because the measurements etc all seem good. But otherwise it's good and I would recommend it.

mamadivazback Tue 23-Aug-11 13:11:19

How old is your eldest?

The B-Dual is a lot like the P&T in the fact that one child has to sit (basically) in the shopping basket which compramises space and storage.

Overall I have heard good things abotu the pushchair itself and I would buy one if I needed a short term double.

Available here with free car seat and second seat unit.

LaTristesse Tue 23-Aug-11 13:21:04

Thanks ladies! DS will be just 2 when the newbie arrives. I don't think I mind compromising basket space, but can the children sit up straight? They look quite reclined in the pictures, and DS hates reclining (weirdo!)

FriggFRIGG Tue 23-Aug-11 14:21:35

my DD was very slouched in the top seat...she kept sort of sliding down.
apart from that,its a great double!

Tiggywunkle Tue 23-Aug-11 14:37:47

To be honest unlike a P&Ts storage isn't compromised much at all. Even with a taller child underneath their feet don't reach anywhere near the end of the basket and the front opening means you can push pretty big bags through there and also smaller bits through the sides. Also the lower seat is raised up and I have packed under the child's legs too! You can get an awful lot in the basket ie tons of shopping with two children on board! the seats are a bit odd like I said. My DD preferred being underneath and then reclined and yet she too prefers being bolt upright. Like I said if you can get past that (and children can surprise you) maybe with the legrest up then it's great. I think the lack of an actual footrest/step doesn't help.

suzie38 Tue 23-Aug-11 17:52:01

I had a B Smart briefly and DD refused to sit in the seat because it didn't sit up enough and like Tiggy said, she kind of slid out of the seat...Then she would do it on purpose...The American version is better because that one has bucket seats.

aswellasyou Tue 23-Aug-11 20:15:39

I've just got home from collecting mine that I bought here for £354 with the second seat (available in any colour) and black carseat-you could sell the carseat seen as you don't need it. (If you click on my referral link I get 5% of what you spend as credit, no pressure at all though. smile) I'm going to take some photos in the next few days for www.bestbuggy.co.uk. So far, I really like it-the seats are spacious and the basket's huge. I'm going to use it with the top seat parent facing but with BabyStyle Oyster height increasers to lift the top seat by 7cm.

saoirse86 Fri 26-Aug-11 10:52:24

You can also get it at Boots for £450 with free second seat and free car seat and if you're in the parenting club you get £107 in points.

We tried the height increasers and even using a hack saw can't get them to fit! confused

We've only used it a few times but so far it seems really good, loads of space for each child and still a decent basket size which is really easy to access.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now