Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

How do I choose a baby stroller?

(9 Posts)
LizzySmithy77 Mon 22-Aug-11 17:33:31

Hi everybody,

I am currently pregnant, 14 weeks. I already began to plan what I need to buy for the baby. I had a look around the shops for baby stroller and there is so much choice! How do I choose one? I live on the 2nd floor, so I will have to drag it all the way up.

Please advise,

Liz.

Tiggywunkle Mon 22-Aug-11 17:42:56

Are you thinking of removing the baby and putting them in a sling whilst dragging the pushchair up? Or having baby say in a car seat and carrying / pulling the pushchair up with the other hand? Or were you hoping to bump the baby up all the steps (which I probably wouldn't advise)?

mousymouse Mon 22-Aug-11 17:46:14

- do you use public transport
- do you walk a lot
- does the pushchair fit into my car boot
- does it fit into my flat/where would I keep it
- how much money can I spend
- alternatives? carrier?

mamadivazback Tue 23-Aug-11 07:43:05

Hello and congratulations smile

The first thing to do would be to decide on a budget.

Secondly decide on your needs -
1. Do you use pblic transport?
If yes you will need something that folds easily in one piece and is not too bulky.

2. Is car boot size an issue?
Measure it and check your dimensions against pushchairs online.

3. Is storage an issue?
Again measure space if needed.

4. How will it be used?
Walking, transport, rough ground (cobbles, grass etc), shopping centres, smooth pavements can all narrow down your search.

5. Do you want any additional features?
Parent facing, car seat / carrycot which clips onto frame.

Lastly have a think if one pushchair would suit all your needs, in my (rather expensive) experience it was great for em to have a big pushchair for walking and a smaller one for transport or trips to swimming etc, but a sling can easily be used for these things.

Sofabitch Tue 23-Aug-11 07:52:49

Step one.
Look at all the lovely options out there
Step two waste shed loads of money on a lovely looking but impractical pram
Step three.
Get rid and buy a maclaren

I still never learnt with all 4 of mine.

mamadivazback Tue 23-Aug-11 12:14:09

For what it's worth I hate Maclaren pushchairs.

aswellasyou Tue 23-Aug-11 12:18:18

I hate Maclarens too!
I'm sure we can find some sutable options for you once you've thought about what you need/want. smile

Sofabitch Tue 23-Aug-11 15:04:25

I hate them too But I always end up with them because they are so practical and easy to use.

aswellasyou Tue 23-Aug-11 19:28:13

Part of why I hate them is that they're not practical or easy to use!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now