Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help me find a second pushchair/stroller

(16 Posts)
happywheezer Fri 19-Aug-11 12:34:45

I have two boys one who is 3.2 and one who is 3 months. We've bought a Phil and teds vibe and that's great for both.

However, the otherday we went shopping and realsied that the pushchair was in the other car as was his harness. We thought it'd be a good idea to have a spare light and cheap stroller for my car.

Has anybody got any good recommendations for a good 2nd pushchair? Not looking at new so anyone under £100 from ebay or such like would be good.
I've got a A-class so it has to be fairly compact too. I don't think my vibe would fit in my car anyway. I'm not looking for a double either. My 3 year old is ok to walk places!
I'd like a bee but the £100 won't stretch that far!
Any ideas?

Forgottensomething Fri 19-Aug-11 12:37:03

Loola I had one for ds 1 and it was great for the car ( Clio) and you can get them fairly cheap

Forgottensomething Fri 19-Aug-11 12:38:24

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5413&rt=nc&_nkw=LoolA&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

happywheezer Fri 19-Aug-11 13:32:08

I thought about having a Loola when I had my first. It's the right price that I want to pay too!

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Aug-11 13:42:10

Baby Jopgger city mini or micro (micro only suitable from 6 months though). Both fold up very neatly, will be fine in A class.

happywheezer Fri 19-Aug-11 16:36:26

Bikerunski why are the baby joggers so good?
I need a light pushchair and I think the baby jogger would be ideal. Are they worth the money?
I think I would need a mini as LO is 3 months old.

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Aug-11 16:47:57

They are worth every penny, and hold their value well, so great resale value. They are sturdy but light. They have an easy lie flat recline to ant position you wish. There are five harness height settings. The baskets is relatively large although access isn't the best, but it's still better than the average stroller. The seats are tall and roomy. The footrest is decent. The hood is enormous - we haven't needed a sun or raincover yet. There is a large mesh pocket on the rear of the seat for bits and pieces. It will take a carrycot or car seat. The seat is suitable from birth. It's easy to push, even one handed. Easy footbrake. Finally there is the amazing one handed fold - you can take baby out, tick them under one arm and fold the pushchair. It's equally as easy to flick it open with baby under one arm too. The Baby Jogger City Mini just works.....quite simply it works well from newborn until around five...

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Aug-11 16:49:16

Oh and they have a lifetime warranty on the chassis (not fabrics) and are simple to shower down should you ever need to.

Forgottensomething Fri 19-Aug-11 17:02:48

The looks faces both ways though smile

fraktious Fri 19-Aug-11 17:04:10

BJCM all the way!

BikeRunSki Fri 19-Aug-11 18:23:33

What Tiggy said.

happywheezer Fri 19-Aug-11 19:05:34

Bloody hell, all it needs is it to be self pushing then we'd definately be onto a winner!
It sounds like everything I need.
I had a cheap pushchair with my first boy, and used it more than big expensive thing, but the straps got too loose but it was great to fold up etc.

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Aug-11 20:26:04

There is 25% off at Tesco at present. Shame you missed the £99 ones though!

happywheezer Sat 20-Aug-11 11:49:10

Hi,
Thanks for all the advice. I bought a BJCM from Tesco, it cost £169 - with delivery. Having watched one on ebay that 2nd hand is £140 + 15 delivery, I think I've got a good deal.
Tiggywunkle thanks for the Tesco 25% and clubcard points!

happywheezer Mon 22-Aug-11 23:54:44

Hust like to update you. My pushchair arrived today, took baby out in it this afternoon and it was fantastic. You are all right!
I've been through many pushcahirs with DS1 but this pushchair is great!

Tiggywunkle Tue 23-Aug-11 01:43:18

I am glad you are happy. The BJCM is a real gem of a pushchair smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now