Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anyone actually got anything BAD to say about the BJCM?

(30 Posts)
SlinkyB Thu 18-Aug-11 15:12:45

Am thinking of buying one (not sure whether to go for the three wheeler, or four) as you lot keep banging on about them...but does anyone have any negative feedback?

It's to be my 2nd pram, for my 6.5mo ds, as I'm sick of lugging about the big M&P Pliko travel system (which fills my boot).

Tiggywunkle Thu 18-Aug-11 15:49:42

Just that the three wheeler is a bit tippy if you have a car set on or push one handed and do tightish turns. I am going to swap it for a four wheeler because of this.

aswellasyou Thu 18-Aug-11 16:08:16

I don't like the wheels. The Summit, Elite and Classic have much better wheels but they also have a footplate that makes the fold bigger.

pramsgalore Thu 18-Aug-11 17:24:04

saw one in boots and the basket is big but looks difficult to get into, you would only get small things in and out of it

Tiggywunkle Thu 18-Aug-11 19:39:07

It's not easier, but easier than your average stroller. My Pacapod pod bags fit through the gap at the side, and they aren't tiny fully loaded!

sleepevader Fri 19-Aug-11 08:17:14

The accessories are a little expensive. Personally i have never had a problem with tipping but know others had.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 19-Aug-11 08:18:24

It's a really ugly looking buggy. Nothing else of use to add wink

mamadivazback Fri 19-Aug-11 14:45:05

I had an odler model but only had a few minor niggles.

1. Seat could be more upright but this has been sorted in 2011 models.
2. Seat could be a bit more padded but this can be sorted with acheap liner.
3. Accessories are expensive but these are optional and it works fine without them.
4. Does'nt push to great with one hand but the 4 wheel would be better for this, never had a problem with tipping though.

As I say these are only minor and if I was PG again I would buy another in a heart beat!

MonkeysPunk Fri 19-Aug-11 21:08:57

It's not great on cobbles, or seriously off road. However as an alternative to an umbrella fold for urban outings or travelling its really practical.
The handleheight is not adjustable and doesn't suit some people.
I found the basket fine to access. It's got stretchy netting at the rear of the basket to help.

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Aug-11 21:26:43

If Monkeys points are issues then there is always the Elite grin It's very similar but with chunky wheels, footplate, more storage, more padded seats and just a little bit bigger fold (but the wheels easily pop off) grin

SlinkyB Sun 21-Aug-11 16:33:11

Thanks for your advice/info everyone. Monkeys' point aren't really an issue (no off-roading planned and not too many cobbles).

I don't think it's ugly either, not the best looking pram but I'm not really going for looks anyway.

Think it's still the front-runner, just a bit of concern re: price of accessories but that's it. Oh, and the Elite looks a little too pricey for us!

suzie38 Sun 21-Aug-11 16:38:44

The downside for me at 5'2" would be the non adjustable handle height...It's far too high to feel comfortable pushing.

SlinkyB Sun 21-Aug-11 16:48:34

Ah, I'm 5'7" and dp is 6", so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue? But thanks!

Oh, am I right in thinking it isn't free-standing when it's collapsed? Does is stand upright if you take the wheels off?

MonkeysPunk Sun 21-Aug-11 21:32:49

I can prop mine against the wall in hallway when folded, so free-standing not an issue. It's v compact.
You don't really need the accessories Tbh, maybe the raincover and snugglebag are most useful. The parent console or sideclip on nappy bag are nice but not necessary. I like the play tray for travelling as its a bit like a travel highchair with that on.

Tiggywunkle Sun 21-Aug-11 21:49:07

I have only the raincover for the City Mini and to be honest I have never used it. In a relatively light shower with a cosy toes on the hoods are large enough to keep a child dry. We have been out for a whole evening in unexpected light rain and the children were fine. The new cosy toes are great value at around £40 each.you really don't need any more. There is a huge pocket in the back of the seat for drinks, snacks, toys, phone, purse etc.

MonkeysPunk Sun 21-Aug-11 22:17:41

Quite a few web shops are selling the cosytoes at £35 atm, so even better value! The raincover is rarely needed but was only £16 and v nicely made. Good for moderate to heavy rain.

SlinkyB Mon 22-Aug-11 08:09:29

Thanks for all the information! Much appreciated!

bunnynose Mon 22-Aug-11 09:47:27

I also only bought the raincover. I've got the Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy instead of the parent console which is much cheaper. Never bothered with the bumper bar or snack tray as the reviews said they are so high up they are only suitable for older toddlers. I do the same as MonkeysPunk and prop it on its side against the wall, so it doesn't matter that it's not free standing.

Panzee Mon 22-Aug-11 09:48:56

I'm 5' 2" and I love the handle height.
And I have nothing bad to say about it. I use it for my 2 year old and have just taken it to and from Spain. It was brilliant and so easy to carry, fold etc when travelling. I wish I'd bought it earlier.

SlinkyB Mon 22-Aug-11 10:10:00

bunnynose you've just answered my question about the bumper bar! ds is only 6.5 months so wouldn't be suitable yet then. I think this means I also wouldn't be able to attach the toy bar/buggy driver toy we were bought then?

Tiggywunkle Mon 22-Aug-11 10:55:36

The front of the hood is great for clipping toys to.

teaandbiscuitsplease Mon 22-Aug-11 16:39:11

Nothing at all bad to say about it - it really is brilliant. Had a bugaboo cameleon with child number one which I thought was brilliant. Got the BJCM double when number two arrived and was astonished how easy it was to use and live with. Suddenly the bugaboo didn't look quite so great. I've just taken the plunge and bought a 4-wheel city mini to replace the bugaboo. I am in love! It's practical, flexible and roomy - my big 3.3 year old still fits easily. It's lightweight yet a real workhorse, able to take any amount of bags, shopping etc I need it to carry with 2 children.You won't regret buying one at all!

SlinkyB Tue 23-Aug-11 11:31:16

Dp ordered ours this morning!! Got the BJCM black (3-wheeler) for £152.99 on Mothercare.com with a discount code - bargain! Thanks for helping me decide! grin

Mumswang Tue 23-Aug-11 13:06:43

monkeyspunk do you mind if I ask where you've seen the footmuffs? I need two and balk at paying £100 for them

Thanks (and sorry for the hijack)

Pootles2010 Tue 23-Aug-11 13:15:55

Ah fab! Only have 2 issues - it's rubbish in heavy snow, fine on compacted though, and also the basket issue that others have mentioned. Other than that it's fabulous!

So light and easy to fold/lug around. We didn't have any of the tippy issues others have mentioned? Never used with car seat though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now