Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

going into central london train/tube etc what buggy to take?

(6 Posts)
fairimum Mon 15-Aug-11 19:58:50

off into central london tomorrow dd is 3 and ds is 16 months so need to take something (he refuses to sleep in a carrier) - he sleeps best in a reclined bucket seat,, but will sleep if shattered in the phil and teds, but not for as long - have a zapp xtra and a vigour, could take phil & teds so dd has somewhere to go but usually she is ok to walk/go on DHs shoulders, but thinking these options are going to be a nightmare on tube (no lifts at stations we need as checked) - so we have the last option which is a cheapy reclining umbrella fold - used briefly for DD - have got it out and DS is ok in it - although rather slumped etc - planning time in hyde park etc for him to run about etc - i know it will be much easier to fold and carry him etc on the tubes - is this the right thing to take??

meditrina Mon 15-Aug-11 20:06:52

Yes - take the smallest, lightest foldable you'd be comfortable with.

RitaMorgan Mon 15-Aug-11 20:09:19

I would take a sling/carrier plus an umbrella fold. That way you can carry the baby and fold the buggy while on the tube.

Blu Mon 15-Aug-11 20:11:31

Yes, small , light umberella fold.
I used to pick up the Mcclaren with DS in it and carry it up and down tube steps, but probably someone will help. But you can't take substantial buggies on the tube.

fairimum Mon 15-Aug-11 20:14:58

we are taking our connecta carrier as it folds so small and DD can also go in it if need be!

Thanks so much smile

suzie38 Mon 15-Aug-11 21:57:01

My Graco Citisport has served me well in London twice...Great as it has a 100% fixed bumper bar which is ideal for carrying up and down steps and stairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now