Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help - can't decide what to do with my buggies or buy new?

(4 Posts)
codandchipstwice Mon 15-Aug-11 13:28:18

Right - as you have seen DS2 can now escape from Micralite. I thought it was my dream buggy but it's starting to annoy me a bit - find handles a bit awkward and keep bashing front wheels.

Mac techno I find really heavy with him in and again he escapes - triumph he is way too long for and he hates it (and I can't fit enough in basket)

urban detour is big for what is essentially pushed empty a lot of the time. DH takes him to nursery in buggy as it pressed for time, then I walk him home and often push empty bugyg. It's a good mile + walk up a big hill with bumpy pavement and will need to take v tall DS (17kg), 2 school bags and Dh bag. Pushed one handed is a bonus as is fitting on bus.

Shall I suck it with something I've got, or get rid of all and get BJCM? If so where's cheapest??

Thanks grin

Snackalot Tue 16-Aug-11 09:22:34

How old is he? It sounds like you haven't got too much longer to be putting up with the buggy dilemma? Maybe you can stick it out a while longer?

bunnynose Tue 16-Aug-11 09:56:20

Hi, personally I would sell the 4 you have and get a BJCM. It's so easy to push one handed both empty and with a heavy toddler in it. My lo is 2.9 years and we always take it with us even though she can walk a long way, as once she's tired their is no way I could carry her.

Tesco have only the crimson & black left for £218.95 but there is 25% with code TD-HGNM & Mothercare have the black one for £191.24 with 15% of using code ATNT (expires 21st Aug) so they both work out around £164. Even if you only use it for 6 months to a year they have a good resale value.

bunnynose Tue 16-Aug-11 09:58:23

Forgot to say the BJCM easily fits on a bus. I've had it on the little country mini buses and haven't been asked to fold it yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now