Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Great he can escape the Micralite - good buggy for toddlers with good straps needed!

(9 Posts)
codandchipstwice Mon 15-Aug-11 09:23:32

He can slip the mothercare and micralite straps in a flash and then has an annoying habit of standing up in the pushchair - particularly when going up and down kerbs, which obviously not very safe.

I know I should just tell him not to and believe me I do, but I still have my reasons for needing a pushchair for him. As he is so tall most straps start from by his armpit then come up and over his shoulder so it means they're easy for him to slide down.

So what buggies (cheap and lightweight please grin) have adjustable shoulder straps you can start from high up please? Do the BJCM ones go high?

Cheers

b*

Tiggywunkle Mon 15-Aug-11 09:36:19

Yes the BJCM ones can start very high. There are five height settings. My tall almost three year old is still in the middle. There are also things like the Houdini strap and similar you can add onto pushchairs to make it harder to escape too.

mamadivazback Mon 15-Aug-11 10:17:12

My DS was 3 and never went past the middle of the BJCM straps.

MonkeysPunk Thu 18-Aug-11 11:09:07

The bjcm straps are easy to adjust for the adult, but hard for your toddler to escape.
I also find my Ds easier to manage if I exercise him before strapping him in.
For example, if were going on a train outing to the shops, I put him on reins (he has zero road sense or self containment at 3y despite my best efforts! ) and walk him the mile to the station first. During the outing I resign myself to the fact he will need a runaround at some playground (or play area) part way through the outing too.

mumtoaandj Thu 18-Aug-11 11:46:33

i hve sussed this out with my son who has been able to escape all pushchairs- if oyu tie a piece of ribbon (i actually have a piece of velcro) around both straps at about chest/nipple level they cant escape!

sprinkles77 Thu 18-Aug-11 21:36:46

mumtoaandj great advice, thank you? My DS is 17 months and is escaping too!

letsblowthistacostand Thu 18-Aug-11 23:50:38

You need to get reins where you can unclip the lead from the harness. Then you can clip the harness to the buggy straps. He won't be able to escape that--a friend of mine had an escape artist DD, she would pull the straps off her shoulders then stand up on the seat and do a little shimmy to get out of the waist strap, then just slither to the ground and make a break for it. Harness strapped to the pushchair stopped that.

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Aug-11 21:19:12

Just spotted this whilst browsing. http://www.overstock.com/Baby/My-Guardian-Child-Safety-Restraint-Car-Seat-Accessory/5778120/product.html I have this and the Houdini strap clasp. I am sure mine was cheaper on Amazon though. I just thought I would put the link here for anyone in future reading this

Tiggywunkle Fri 19-Aug-11 21:19:45

Grah, I always forget to convert it! www.overstock.com/Baby/My-Guardian-Child-Safety-Restraint-Car-Seat-Accessory/5778120/product.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now