Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can I have your opinions on the Graco Fusio please?

(12 Posts)
justtired Sun 14-Aug-11 09:06:13

Hi,
Have been looking around for a pushchair for my 5 month old after the wheel fell off my old one and was looking for something suitable for a little one and can also be rear facing.
Was originally impressed with the Symbio but heard it was difficult to push with the big wheels at the front so settled on this one online but hvent seen it in the flesh so was after opinons.

Many thanks smile

aswellasyou Sun 14-Aug-11 10:18:54

suzie38 was looking at buying this and tried it out. She said it was really heavy to push. I seem to remember there being other issues with it as well.

For a little bit more you could get a Babystyle Oyster. Have you looked at it already? You could put a 5 month old in the seat now and not have to buy a carrycot for it.

aswellasyou Sun 14-Aug-11 10:23:28

Or an OBaby ZeZu. I don't think there are many parent facing options in the same price bracket. If you were buying second hand, you could get a Bugaboo Cameleon or Bee Plus for a similar price. In fact, there are probably loads you could get second hand.

mamadivazback Sun 14-Aug-11 13:20:46

The Symbio seat unoit can be placed on FF/RF which changes the placement of the wheels it's only if you use the flip handle that the swivel wheels are at the back.

The Icoo pacific, B SMArt 4 and Hauck Eagle all fold in one piece unlike the Symbio.

MadameAdelaide Sun 14-Aug-11 14:28:35

the Fusio looks nice, i have seen some out and about and also looked at one in Toys R Us, its about the only pushchair other than the bee that is rf but not massive and heavy, also the seat is higher than the bee and it costs about £200 less.

suzie38 Sun 14-Aug-11 14:32:27

I tried the Fusio out in Toys r'Us twice...The second time uninterupted on my own...I didn't have my DD with me so just pushed it empty and it was very heavy going to push...Now i don't know what your current pushchair is to compare...Now i've had the luxury of 4 Bugaboos so it did feel so much harder to move it in comparison to those...I love the idea of the Fusio and some of it's features so was disappointed that i didn't want to buy it in the end...I've had 4 Graco's and they all pushed like a dream so i was surprised this was so different...The Oyster is far easier to push and looks lovely as well.

MadameAdelaide Sun 14-Aug-11 14:59:21

My standards are probably lower than suzie!
I've heard the oyster isnt that good for the money though and wears out quickly.
Have heard a lot of people who have had for a year plus and its worn out?

MadameAdelaide Sun 14-Aug-11 15:01:37

I do like the look of b smart 4 but its so much bigger

suzie38 Sun 14-Aug-11 15:15:33

The B Smart is huge!!! I took it out of the box and my first thought was 'My God it's f*****g BIG!!! Plus my DD refused to sit in it but she was 18 months old so at a younger age i don't think she'd have objected...The upright position isn't very upright...I much more prefered the previous models, the Vigours...Very nice to push and use but can only buy second hand now...Wide wheel base at the back though.

Tabitha8 Sun 14-Aug-11 19:32:21

I wasn't keen on the Fusio. I also had a play with one in Toys R Us.
The apron only fits when in pram mode, not in pushchair mode.
The leg support isn't adjustable - it's up in pram mode and down in pushchair mode.
I thought the seat material was quite plasticky.
The harness was very flimsy.
However, it folded really easily (I only tried it without the seat on) and I liked the hood.
Most of the online reviews I found were the same, so I didn't want to trust them.

justtired Sun 14-Aug-11 22:57:32

Thanks for your help peeps! I had a trip to Toys r us myself today and found the same problem with the fusio it seemed wobbly when steering and heavy and seemed to go off to the one side??
Decided to have a try on the Symbio, oyster, quinny, etc etc infact every rear facing pram I could find and hated all of them sad
It would seem there is no such thing as an affordable, sturdy and good looking rear facing pram!! Looks like Im going to be sticking to my reliable petite star zia (which I love) and until baba is a little bigger just keep trying to squeeze him into my friends borrowed silver cross pramette insert (he is a chunky monkey lol) x

mamadivazback Mon 15-Aug-11 09:48:27

How about the Loola Up or Jane Solo Reverse?

Both are sturdy, spacious, fold in one piece, forward or rear facing and compact telescopic umbrella fold.

The Jane folds with seat on rear facing too which is a bonus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now