Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which lightweight stroller? Maclaren quest, maxi-cosi noa or micralite superlite??

(8 Posts)
TJBear Sat 13-Aug-11 13:14:19

Hi. Can anyone offer any feedback on the above strollers please as I can't make my mind up!

We're going on holiday in 4 weeks so I'm looking for a lightweight stroller to take on the plane for our DD who will have just turned 14months when we go. Our main pushchair is a Mountain Buggy Swift which we're really happy with as it's so lovely to push and fold/unfold, but we don't really want to take this on holiday.

I had previously bought an Obaby Atlas stroller but after using it a couple of times I just didn't like it, so I've sold it! It seemed heavy for a stroller and my baby always seemed a bit slumped in the seat. Is this the same for all strollers or would the quest be better? I've had a look at the quest in mothercare and it feels much lighter than the obaby. I really like the look of the new Noa and the micralite but haven't seen them in any shops to have a look at. The Noa looks like it would be good for holiday with the small fold but does it recline enough for naps? I'm also drawn to the mircalite for the rear air tyres as I like the air tyres on my swift, but is it too big to take on a plane? I also don't want to spend more than £150 so that might rule out the micralite.

Thanks for reading! What do you think?

Tiggywunkle Sat 13-Aug-11 15:25:36

I can only speak about the Noa. It's an incredibly useful little pushchair. Small and nippy. Good wheels - like small buggy wheels. The fabric is good and seems strong. The fold is excellent. Very very simple, quick and easy, even either one hand. I am quite sure the recline is plenty for napping...it's quite deep...not flat but not as shallow as some reclines...both my children look comfy in it reclined, although as many lightweight strollers their legs are down when reclined. The Noa is just one very useful little pushchair - handy to have, small enough to slide in a gap or pop in the car plus luggage, or even sit on your lap. Light enough to carry across sand, or pull along behind you when closed. The hood is a little flimsy...I mean good enough but thin fabric...it's similar to the Zapp hood in many ways....but that is to do with the fact it needs to fold. And there is some basket space smile Not much but enough smile It really is tiny though but mighty smile

MonkeysPunk Sun 14-Aug-11 06:12:37

The babyjogger city mini is available with 25% off at www.tesco.com using the code published in the baby and toddler section. Which makes it £169. It's light, not umbrella fold, but really fast and easy to fold, and compact. It also has a lovely big hood, and good layback.
When I looked yesterday the crimson one was still in stock.
Alternatively mothercare have the black one in stock with 15% off, and if you type code en84 at checkout it takes another 10% off, so £172. A bit over budget, but a fab pushchair for the money.
You can easily lend it out to grandparents etc and not worry they'll find the folding tricky!

TJBear Sun 14-Aug-11 12:03:49

Thanks both. The micralite is out of the running. I think we're leaning towards the Noa. My DH likes the look of the Noa too, he's just a bit concerned the handle height is a bit low. Is there a travel bag it will fit in?

Although, I've just seen the Quest is reduced to £123.25 on Mothercare website so could use MonkeysPunks code and get it for £111 which seems a great price....argghh decisions!

Monkeyspunk - I do like the city mini but style-wise it seems quite similar to the MB swift we have so I don't fancy one of those. A bit too much money to spend for a holiday/occasional buggy too.

MonkeysPunk Sun 14-Aug-11 13:30:43

The one thing I'm not too keen on with the quest is the rear of hood viewing window. However the denim option doesn't have it. So personally I would choose the denim quest.

MonkeysPunk Sun 14-Aug-11 13:34:25

I only don't like the rear hood window because of its position....it looks like it could tear. I'm not against windows in general...wink

TJBear Sun 14-Aug-11 19:43:19

Well, have gone and ordered the quest...couldn't resist the money off deal! Thanks again for the discount code smile

MetalSian Sun 14-Aug-11 19:48:57

I have the quest... it is fine =].
I had my DS in it from birth with a head support thing.
Still going strong 2 years later, very light and easy to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now