Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Replacement mattresses help!

(4 Posts)
Daisybell1 Fri 12-Aug-11 13:59:13

I know this isn't the right place for this, but you guys have been fantastically helpful over the pushchair buying, so I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

We've been given a moses basket, a gorgeous wooden crib and, as you know, we have bought a second hand Herqules pram/carrycot. All of which will need new mattresses!

You recommended the Baby mattresses site to me but I'm getting confused! The current mattress for the crib is 87 x 36 but standard sizes seem to be either 89 x 36 or 84 x 36. Would either of these be suitable? How much variation in the size is acceptable?

If not, I know that I can get 'made to measure' but what do I need to specify - mesh or PVC covers, ventilation holes or not?

Can anyone advise on what is best? I'm completely confused with what to order sad

dinosaurinmybelly Fri 12-Aug-11 14:06:03

I had the same problem when ordering a new mattress for a Boori cot. The customer service at Baby mattresses company is great. I would drop them an email or call them with all of the pieces you need new mattresses for and tell them you are finding all the choices of materials etc confusing - what would they recommend..

pramsgalore Fri 12-Aug-11 14:12:59

Hi check this below, they state that a mattress must not be more then 4 cm smaller
www.cotmattress.com/faqs.php#

Daisybell1 Fri 12-Aug-11 15:45:41

Thank you! What would I do without you guys grin

I'm still lurking round here, but am going cold turkey on the pushchair buying, until LO arrives, that is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now