Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

When to swap big pushchair for smaller stroller?

(6 Posts)
Kiki84 Fri 12-Aug-11 12:35:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tiggywunkle Fri 12-Aug-11 15:19:44

You can swap anytime you want! You dont even need to start out with a big pushchair as long as it's suitable from birth. Over six months the choice of pushchairs is much wider though. There are several threads on here at present about cheap lightweight pushchairs if you have a read through.

mamadivazback Sun 14-Aug-11 16:31:14

You can switch whenever it is suitable for you, some people start out with a birth+ stroller which is fine.

It all depends on your needs.

At 8 months I liked my son to be rear facing which is something you woud probably miss out on but it's not essential. I bought a smaller pushchair for occassional use when my son was 11 months but still used my big pushchair a lot.

SlinkyB Sun 14-Aug-11 16:40:16

I'm wondering the same thing - ds is 6.5 months and am still using M+P PlikoSwitch system, but it takes up almost ALL the space in my boot (I have a Golf).

This is the main reason I'd like a stroller, but also I find the Pliko a pig to steer, esp in shops, and you cannot push it one-handed which is a pita.

After reading lots of MN reviews and chats, I'm hopefully persuading dp to get a Baby Jogger City Mini as they're meant to be fab. Don't think it's rear-facing though, is that really an issue as your baby grows older?

MonkeysPunk Sun 14-Aug-11 17:01:35

Pssst! Tesco have 25% off baby and toddler stuff atm. This includes the baby jogger city mini, when I looked yesterday crimson was in stock. Using their code found on the baby/toddler page it cost £169.
Also mothercare had 15% off the black baby jogger city mini, and using code en84 got an extra 10% off, so £172 there.

It's a very good compact easy to use stroller.

herecomesthsun Sun 14-Aug-11 18:46:47

We have an old 3 wheeler we used for my son. It is very big and very light (aluminium). He is 3 now and usually walks but sometimes needs a buggy for long trips. He is tall and would be too big for a little stroller now.

We just never really missed doing without the stroller, so never needed to buy one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now