Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Should I pay £90 to get my icandy cherry fixed?

(8 Posts)
MonkeyChicken Wed 10-Aug-11 20:53:00

I have a fudge coloured icandy cherry which I bought new in summer 2008 for my DD. I had DS last August and it has been my main buggy for three years. I also have a second hand double maclaren and a basic stroller at the grandparents house. About a month ago one of the wheels on my Icandy cherry just snapped off the axel! To get new parts (2 wheels and an axel) is going to cost £90. I'm now unsure whether to get it fixed, make do with the cheapo stroller or get a different buggy (prob second hand). I have been really happy with the icandy, but as my son is now 12 months perhaps I should save the money. what do you think? Could you recommend a good buggy for 12 months+ (my son is very tall) about to move and hoping to be able to go on a few more country walks so maybe a secondhand all terrain plus the basic stroller could cover my needs...

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Aug-11 20:59:10

hmmm i think i would, on the basis that if it's fixed you can then pass it on or ebay it.
it seems a shame to just dump a pushchair that could be used again

MonkeyChicken Wed 10-Aug-11 21:23:19

true, I'm usually a fix it rather than dump it kinda person... PLUS have just found a shop on ebay selling icandy bits who I'm hoping will give me a cheaper quote.

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Aug-11 21:55:22

yeah definitely worth shopping around

5inthebed Wed 10-Aug-11 21:58:12

Have you looked at how much a new chassis would be? Youmight be able to get one cheaper than the £90.

MonkeysPunk Thu 11-Aug-11 11:49:43

An alternative pushchair if you dont fix the icandy that I would recommend is the nipper 360. Great off road, very comfy for toddlers and v light and easy to push.
I bought mine on sale recently and have been really impressed as to how useful and practical it is, whether in town, on the train or in the coyntryside, or at the beach.
I know its not as pretty as the icandy but its amazing in use. Pushed mine up some hills yesterday laden with three year old, huge change bag, picnic, shopping etc and it was so easy and light to manouver.

MonkeyChicken Sun 21-Aug-11 19:49:59

I really like the nipper 360, always have. Have bought the spare parts for the icandy, but may flog it for an all terrain...

MonkeysPunk Sun 21-Aug-11 21:37:24

We are getting lots of use from the nipper 360. It's so manouverable and light. A bit of a bargain and proof that you don't need to spend a fortune to get something so light and strong and useful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now