Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Toddler&newborn...and three buggies!

(6 Posts)
pugh Tue 09-Aug-11 10:51:42

dd1is two and dc2 due in 4 weeks. Have got a BJCM single which I looove. Also still have M&P skate with car seat&carrycot. Getting a second hand P&T sport double by time nr 2 arrives.

Shal I get rid of M&P? But it's only one with copatible car seat??

Or suggestions for car seat on BjCM.

Had ideas of baby in Beco sling and toddler in BjCM but some say and for back. At the start toddler will still be in nursery but want to make space yet be realistic. Happy to purchase new car seat if needs be.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers!

saoirse86 Tue 09-Aug-11 11:34:27

If you won't use your M&P much and you want the space/money then get rid of it. If you look here it shows you can get city mini adapters which will fit the Peg Perego (same as M&P Primo Viaggio), Britax, Maxi Cosi and most Graco and Evenflo car seats. As it says maxi cosi that also means it would fit the cybex aton so whichever you have for the skate will fit with these adapters.

There are lots of places in the UK that stock them, like here.

HTH smile

BikeRunSki Tue 09-Aug-11 11:40:26

DC2 due in Oct, DS is 2. I have a BJCM too and a P&T Sport double too. I can't see us needing anything else. We have a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix which will fit both with the right adaptors. I'd sell the M&P, or at least use it as a pram to start with, then sell it when DC2 is about 6 months.

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Aug-11 11:44:08

Hmm...yes you can get the adaptor in the US but not the UK. You don't get all the wire brackets you need - you just get the two black pieces. You will need a maxi cosi or baby jogger car seat for the City Mini.

Tiggywunkle Tue 09-Aug-11 11:49:30

Or look at importing the adaptor but TBH the City Mini is very tippy with a car seat on top (it's one reason I want the four wheel version) and if it's not passed UK safety checks I wouldn't use it on a pushchair that is tippy with the approved adaptors. When I spoke to Kooltrade re the tipping it's apparently because I push the BJCM one handed whilst holding my toddlers hand with my other hand. For that reason if you were planning on holding your toddlers hand, I would stick with the M&P as the PP says until past the baby stage, slide the BJCM into a gap for now and use it later. However we found it useful to have one pushchair set up for each child so we didn't have to keep altering the straps if just one child went out whilst the other stayed at home.

pugh Tue 09-Aug-11 12:20:10

All useful bits of advice. Maybe just bite the bullet with all the options until baby about 6 mo then get rid of M&P set. Might be able to pass it onto someone else by then! Will look at adaptors too but suspect that is easiest.

I rang kooltrade but got a total newbie on the line& after a week of poor service from all sorts of trade my patience was nil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now