Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

P&T Explorer Owners

(7 Posts)
HerRoyalNotness Mon 08-Aug-11 20:15:50

The hood on my Explorer keeps popping off. This is the second hood I've had. We couldn't work out what was causing it the first time so P&T graciously sent a replacement.

However the last few months this one pops off too. When I fold the stroller, when I adjust the hood, when I open and close it. It is a PITA and stopped me from taking it on a recent holiday.

I'm thinking it is the fabric on the frame that is causing this. The fabric on mine fits right around the clip that the hood afixes too, there is no exposed frame around this. I'm wondering if your frames are the same? Or if you have a bit with no fabric where teh hood clips on so the hood clip fits snugly against the frame. Would you mind checking for me please?

TIA

(have emailed P&T also, and checked images on their site, but can't zoom in to that specific area>

Tiggywunkle Mon 08-Aug-11 20:32:38

Have you tried pushing the ends together like a chest expander a few times? I have heard this happening from other people too. I would ask your retailer for help to be honest or phone P&T again.

HerRoyalNotness Mon 08-Aug-11 20:34:28

I will give that a try. thanks Tiggy. Maybe when P&T send me a frame replacement, they'll just send a whole new stroller!

Hevster Tue 09-Aug-11 20:14:03

I had the same problem with my classic V2 (same hood, frame etc) and it peed me off so much i sold it and got an old second hand sport. I also met a lady at a baby sale who had the same issue with her explorer - really anoying and v bad design imo

4madboys Tue 09-Aug-11 20:22:49

mine does this as well, its an older model, annoying but i just clip it back in, but then i wont be using it for much longer as ds4 is old enough to go on the buggy board on the bugaboo, thankfully!

HerRoyalNotness Thu 18-Aug-11 19:55:20

Heard back from P&T and yep, their solution is to push the ends together. So very frustrating. I got rid of a Vibe because it was hard to push (turns out there was a problem with it), and now this irritation.

deliakate Sun 21-Aug-11 11:54:19

I got rid of my Explorer, partly for this reason. Its a known problem with the new Explorer - yet P&T continue to advertise and sell the product. I don't rate them much after my experience, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now