Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

What do you know about the Hauck Roadster Duo?

(10 Posts)
saoirse86 Mon 08-Aug-11 19:02:14

My sister and I are looking for a double and this fits some of our requirements, especially as we could afford it new.

Does anyone know anything about it?

pramsgalore Mon 08-Aug-11 19:58:49

www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/products-reviews-505/buggies-car-seat-reviews-538/495854-hauck-roadster-duo-twin-buggy.html
their is a really long review on this thread, hope it helps

mamadivazback Tue 09-Aug-11 08:49:00

I have used it as a nursery pushchair for outings and I did'nt like it.

My main gripes were -

1. Shallow seats so children over about 18m look like they are hanging out of it unless reclined.

2. Really wide and the double wheels at the front don't seem to work together instead they split both ways when you try and get up kerbs and shops are basically a no go because of the turning circle and width.

3. Very bulky if you have to fold a lot.

4. Heavy to push, and that coming from someone who used an Emmaljunga twin with no swivel wheels whilst pregnant.

5. Cheap made, the frame felt sturdy enough but the seats and hood were so thin I doubt it would last for constant use.

Overall no I would'nt reccomend it.

How old is your DD and DN?
Budget?
Usage?

aswellasyou Tue 09-Aug-11 10:05:54

I'm Saoirse's sister. The babies are 10 and a half months old. It'll be me paying for the new pushchair and I'd like to spend up to £200ish. We'll be using it mostly on pavements, in town, at the park and occasionally on bumpy terrain. We like air tyres in our experience of 14 pushchairs so far.

welliesandpyjamas Tue 09-Aug-11 10:11:41

I used the hauck roadster single and I was pleased with it for as long as it survived (tyres wore to holes after many many many miles! Normal wear n tear). If there are similarities then I would say the double would be worth considering.

saoirse86 Tue 09-Aug-11 11:27:28

Well most of the reviews I've now read are pretty awful so maybe it's a no!

This is getting so difficult, maybe it's time for a new thread...

mamadivazback Wed 10-Aug-11 08:45:46

The best double I have used by far is an Emmaljunga Cerox with fixed pneumatic tyres. Light as a feather to push even with 7 month old twins when I was 8 months pregnant and had a flip handle to be parent or rforward facing.

Although obviously it is pretty bulky when stored and not the narrowest of things, but I never had an issue with anywhere here.

The Nipper 360 sounds like it might fit your needs although I was'nt too keen myself because of the sloping seats but this has been fixed out I think.

aswellasyou Wed 10-Aug-11 09:53:33

The Twin Cerox is far too big to fit in our Mum's boot. We need something really compact becasue her boot's very small.

saoirse86 Wed 10-Aug-11 11:40:57

mamadivazback can I ask how were you 8 months pregnant with 7 month old twins? I've tried to work it out but I'm stumped! confused

That is probably issue number one - folded size for the boot!

mamadivazback Wed 10-Aug-11 16:32:37

Saoirse, they are my mums twins there is 8 months between my DS and them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now