Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Which to get? 2nd hand bug or new oyster?

(8 Posts)
harassedandherbug Mon 08-Aug-11 12:23:28

I really want a Chameleon but can't (and dh won't!) afford that much on a pram really so we've got down to a second hand Cham or a brand new Babystyle Oyster. Which would you get???

(PS or an Uppababy Vista if anyone's seen a bargain?!)

5inthebed Mon 08-Aug-11 12:28:50

2nd hand Cam. Most bugaboo owners keep their bugs in perfect condition. Nothing wrong with 2nd hand.

Tiggywunkle Mon 08-Aug-11 12:44:56

I prefer new....it's nice to have new shiny toys, plus if anything does go wrong (and things do) you have some recourse for at least the first year. I can't speak for how good the oyster is though. wink

Tiggywunkle Mon 08-Aug-11 12:46:51

But then again, I never removed the covers on my Cham so the seat was like new and it's easy to put new fabrics etc on....just check the chassis carefully, buy as new as possible, buy a Cham and enjoy buying new accessories if you wish smile

harassedandherbug Mon 08-Aug-11 12:48:07

Oh I've got no probs with 2nd hand! This is dc4 so I'm a bit over it I'm afraid, pretty much everything I've got so far is a hand me down or 2nd hand. I said to dh yesterday that we'll have to buy him something new!!

I've assumed what 5inthebed said, that most will be in good condition. You don't spend that kind of money to trash something!

Tiggywunkle Mon 08-Aug-11 13:20:48

There's something lovely about a Bugaboo. As I put on another thread this morning, I think there are better choices (I prefer the iCandy Peach for example) but I did love the Chameleon...it was cute and neat.

harassedandherbug Mon 08-Aug-11 17:36:40

I'm decided........it's def a bug! Poor baby boy will have to have something else brand new grin.

saoirse86 Mon 08-Aug-11 18:57:58

I have an Oyster which I bought new and my sister has a Bugaboo Gecko which she got second hand. I know it's not the same as a Cam so can't compare exactly but the Gecko is so much easier to push than my Oyster. FWIW I do love my Oyster but the one thing that isn't as good is the pushability. However that might be fixed by buying air tyres for the Oyster (about £25-30). I keep meaning to buy some because if they make it easier to push I think I'll be more than happy that I bought the Oyster! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now