Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Think I must be missing something (warning - negative comment about BJC Micro!)

(11 Posts)
mintymellons Fri 05-Aug-11 17:50:47

...because I bought the much revered (sp?) BJC Micro (admittedly not as revered as the Mini) for my almost 17mo DD.

I wanted something light and compact, but sturdy enough for the winter.

To cut a long story short, it arrived the other day and I REALLY didn't like it.

It seemed very big for a buggy. It weighed a tonne and was a nightmare to steer - impossible one handed. Getting it up and down kerbs was nigh on impossible. I'm a tall, averagely built woman, so not weedy, but I just found the whole thing so uncomfortable. I sent it back!

I've now ordered a Maclaren Quest which is what I'd originally had in mind.

FriggFRIGG Fri 05-Aug-11 19:54:52

i told you to get the mini,the micro is nowhere near as good,for all the above reasons.grin

i had a mac quest,i kicked the wheels all the time it made me angry

mintymellons Fri 05-Aug-11 21:18:26

I know, you did indeed recommend the Mini!

I think I got carried away with all of the BJCM hype, when I know full well that the Quest will be fine (I had the lesser Triumph for DD1 when she was the age that DD2 is now and never had a problem). I should stick with what I know!

Thanks for your advice though. smile

5inthebed Fri 05-Aug-11 21:20:14

Send the quest back and get the mini, definitely the best of the three.

mintymellons Fri 05-Aug-11 21:22:03

No, can't justify the Mini - it's more than we need and more than I want to spend. The Quest will be fine!

MonkeysPunk Sat 06-Aug-11 07:54:26

To get 10% off your quest at mothercare use code JLK or EN84.
Personally I love the look of the denim one! It doesn't have the plastic window at the hood back, which I'm not keen on (i always worry the plastic window might rip!).

mintymellons Mon 08-Aug-11 10:54:44

Thanks monkeyspunk!
I ordered it through Boots.com - they have an points offer on pushchairs at the mo, plus I'm in the Parenting club so more points there. Went via Quidco too. And they had 10% off Maclaren! Got it for £139 with £25 worth of points, so £114 really.

MonkeysPunk Mon 08-Aug-11 12:55:04

That was a good deal then! What color did you choose?

mintymellons Tue 09-Aug-11 15:55:12

Wasn't it!

I went for the safe option - grey and light grey.

mintymellons Tue 09-Aug-11 15:55:50

Oh, and it arrived yesterday and is perfect!

thisisyesterday Tue 09-Aug-11 16:02:36

wow, i have the micro and don't have any of those problems! it seems really light, no prob with kerbs etc, am taller side of average...

am glad you have one you like now though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now