Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Can you buy just a simple REAR FACING pushchair?

(13 Posts)
justtired Fri 05-Aug-11 17:20:45

Hi.
I have a travel system (so pram, basinette, carseat) leftover form DS1 and have been using it for 4month DS2. Yesterday the wheel broke off from the frame and cant be repaired. He is old enough to not be in the basinette bit anyway really but dont want to put him in DS1 other pram which is just a bog standard forward facing pram as I dont like the idea of him facing away from me or being snug as he is still so little.
Ive had a look at some online but the only ones I can find are about £350 or are part of a travel system with the seperate seat!

Is there just a normal resonably priced pushchair which faces you??

Many thanks

tabbycat7 Fri 05-Aug-11 17:34:31

here

I don't know whether it's any good. I'm tempted to buy one myself but my husband will divorce me if I buy another pushchair. smile

tabbycat7 Fri 05-Aug-11 17:47:28

Actually having had a look at this I think maybe it's not possible to keep the seat part rear facing once baby can sit up. Sorry blush

justtired Fri 05-Aug-11 17:55:37

Thanks tabbycat i like that one smile
Im not too worried about it being rear facing when is a bit older but he still seems a bit too tiny to be dealing with the forward facing elements lol

fairimum Fri 05-Aug-11 18:31:12

a zapp xtra is much cheaper and rear facing... no good in fields/sand etc but find on paths, town etc...

aswellasyou Fri 05-Aug-11 18:59:45

The OBaby ZeZu and Chicco Trio are both worth a look. They can both be bought on eBay quite cheaply.

FriggFRIGG Fri 05-Aug-11 20:00:55

britax vigour,can be picked up cheap on ebay,and they are FAB.

mamadivazback Sat 06-Aug-11 09:10:40

Hauck Inifinity is a fab pushchair seat is forward/rear facing and this one comes with the carrycot too so if your DS fitted in for now you could still use it smile

It's not as bulky as it looks and is comfy for baby and most of all at £75 I'm jealous that I don't need it grin

mamadivazback Sat 06-Aug-11 09:14:04

Just had a look at links DO NOT BUY THE PUSH ME UNO!!! Friend had one which collapsed with her baby in and she was only 3.5 months old but when she called ustomer services she was told at 12lbs her DD was at the upper end of the weight limit shock

babs2008 Sat 06-Aug-11 14:03:23

Hauck Eagle at £179.99 looks good.

justtired Sun 07-Aug-11 18:07:38

Thanks everyone, My friend has lent me hers for a bit so im kind of sorted for now, but in my hunt for a rear facing pushchair ive seen some research to say that they are better for older babies and toddlers too so am gonna have a look at all these and then persuade my OH that we really do need a shiny new pushchair its our sons vocabulary at stake!! wink

mamadivazback Mon 08-Aug-11 08:12:12

Hauck eagle and free Which best buy car seat... which you could sell on to re coup some of the cost grin

Debs75 Mon 08-Aug-11 08:17:07

Isn't it about time a manufacturer did a permanent rear facing pram/buggy. I bet a lot of mums would buy it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now