Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Double pushchair recommendation needed - to accommodate a carrycot as well

(4 Posts)
SailorVie Fri 05-Aug-11 11:50:30

I'm expecting no. 2, and DS1 will be 26 months when DC2 is born. I'd like to have a carrycot for the newborn and a seat for DS1. However, I imagine that DS1 will not be needing a longterm buggy seat, and would probably be able to move to a buggy board by the time that DC2 is 6 months old

I've considered the mountain buggy duet but I'm afraid that it wouldn't last very long as DS1 would probably not need a full time seat, so to speak.

I have got a Phil & Teds, but I really don't like the idea of the little one sitting in the lower seat from 6 months, nor do I really like the cocoon.

Ideally a pushchair which can accommodate a carrycot, and a toddler seat (ideally reclining) and can fit through a normal doorway. Not much to ask for then..!

Help, anyone??

mistressploppy Fri 05-Aug-11 12:22:54

I've just started a thread on this! Our situations are almost identical - DS1 will be 26mo too when the new one arrives. Here it is....

If you don't want to trawl through the whole thread - try the iCandy Peach Blossom or the Baby Jogger City Select (I tried both out at John Lewis) - they both fit your requirements smile

fairimum Fri 05-Aug-11 13:31:33

we still have our phil & teds and dd who is now 3 almost always sitsin the bottom with DD who is now 1 sitting in the front - as dd jumps in and out the back as she mostly walks - also if she was int he front she couldnt just get out as the buggy would tip backwards and i didnt want to wake the baby from the back to move it into the front sear if hse decided to wlak for a bit - we have never had a problem using it like this and works really well for us

SailorVie Fri 05-Aug-11 13:45:47

Mistressploppy you're a lifesaver!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now