Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Help - micralite creaking under the weight - what next?

(20 Posts)
codandchipstwice Mon 01-Aug-11 13:48:42

Prob easist if I list what I have/like baout it and hopefully someone can advise.

DS is 2.5 and 102cm - so too tall for loads of buggies - and I really don't want a stroller. It's for doing the school/nursery run that will hopefully have 4 wheels and air tyres as will be pushed one handed whilst the other hand corralls other two DCs (or all 3 DCs walk and LO has his hand held). Will need to take rucksack and 2 school bags - fold small(ish - pref 1 piece) and bump up stairs easily as have them to the house.

Micralite fab for all of these but DS plus stuff seems to be too heavy and it creaks alarmingly and basked drags along floor, is v temperatmental in the unfolding stakes (so poss a new Superlite the answer) - but it is a few years old.

A rear-facer would be good too to talk to DS2 on said outings

Not asking much am I?

Thanks

PS - Macs and Baby Jogger Cities are both out thanks smile

bran Mon 01-Aug-11 13:55:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

codandchipstwice Mon 01-Aug-11 14:06:09

Thanks - BJ are out as I find them really awkward to push, don't like the handlebars at all. I've got an Urban Detour too but it's just so huge when folded - we're going camping this summer and no way could we fit it and all our stuff in the car - I also find they tip alarmingly going round corners one handed

I've had MBs but again don't find the seat that big and really big folded

Think it's just a newer Micralite tbh but as I'm out of touch I've seem there's all sorts of new ones I've never heard of (NOa, Mimi etc!) and there might be a cheap spiffy one that ticks all my boxes.

bran Mon 01-Aug-11 14:14:00

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Aug-11 14:23:32

I would suggest a Mountain Buggy Swift or Urban Jungle. If you can afford to wait, have a look at the Britax B-Agile. The UK version is a 4 wheeler and its like the City Mini in fold.

Bran - MB don't make the Breeze anyone smile

bran Mon 01-Aug-11 14:31:36

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Aug-11 14:39:26

Lol, no don't! Half the fun is updating your knowledge!

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Aug-11 14:43:37

Sorry, I just saw that MBs were out. Nipper? TFK Joggster or Buggster? Phil & Teds but not small folded...probably a new Microlite ;)

tutu100 Mon 01-Aug-11 14:53:49

I'd recommend a Nipper 360. Again it is a 3 wheeler which you don't seem too keen on, but it has a 50lb weight limit, it is very lightweight (7kg I think) and it folds pretty flat, much smaller than the urban detour, even smaller again if you take the wheels off. I have one and it is fab sometimes when ds2 wants to walk ds1 who is 6 sits in it and it's still a dream to push even one handed.

fairimum Mon 01-Aug-11 15:18:21

nippers are 1/2 at tesco.com at the moment!

MonkeysPunk Mon 01-Aug-11 16:00:15

Not air tyres but uppababy Vista has 4 large wheels. It has suspension. Seat is big enough for my 3y old with growing room.
Seat can face either way. Basket beneath is huge and strong! You will easily get school bags and rucksack in basket.
The wheels have really slick and quick ball bearing units which make them roll really easily. It's extremely manouverable if pushing one handed too.
It folds away v neatly when not in use. Can be folded in one piece too.

codandchipstwice Mon 01-Aug-11 20:05:46

Ooh I would live a vista but think DH would actually divorce me if I got one. I think it's a toss up between a new nipper (Tesco totally sold out now sad) or a new micralite - hmmm - feel a comparison coming on

Thank you

One think - does the nipper ever tip?

tutu100 Mon 01-Aug-11 20:51:32

My nipper has only ever tipped when I had loads of shopping on the handles and I took ds2 out first, which every pushchair would have done under the same circumstances.

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Aug-11 21:00:31

My Nipper got blown along by the wind this weekend when I stopped to take a photo - with the children in!!! It wasn't even that blowy!

MonkeysPunk Tue 02-Aug-11 05:39:22

Tiggy was the brake on? Also was the hood up or down when it was blown along? (just wondering if the brake was off and maybe a small gust had gotten under the large canopy and rolled it along)!

mamadivazback Tue 02-Aug-11 08:34:23

Cosatto Yo! has a big seat and is fab to push.

Micralite Superlite

I have only used a twin nipper and thought it was too lightweight and handle was far too low for me and I am only 5ft 3.

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Aug-11 10:34:31

No the brake wasn't on, and the hood was up. But I rarely put a brake on especially on a level surface. I was in front taking a photo so it didn't go anywhere but was a tad disconcerting when it wasn't particularly windy - just blowy!

codandchipstwice Tue 02-Aug-11 13:46:33

Blimey - with kids IN? that's a bit weird

Still unsure though - jsut trying to book holiday so the amount they cost think I'm going to be selling rather than buying sad

Tiggywunkle Tue 02-Aug-11 13:54:33

I know! I must look at my photos and see if I got action shots as I took a few photos!!

MonkeysPunk Tue 02-Aug-11 14:29:25

Well, I guess its testament to how easily they roll! Good job they have good brakes and a wrist strap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now