Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger City Elite with forever air tyres vs Nipper 360

(8 Posts)
bunnynose Sun 31-Jul-11 10:16:17

Hi,

I hope you can help me decide which to one to buy!

I really like the Elite, but can't decide if it would be too big. I have the City Mini at the moment which is great, but looking for something that would be better off road. How do you find it over rough ground and sand etc? I like the fact you will never have punctures, but is it as smooth and light to push as air filled tyres?

I like the Nipper 360 as well, but not sure if it's quite as well built as the Baby Jogger. I've heard it can be tippy if you put bags on the back. Are the seats more reclined than the Elite when fully upright? Also, not sure how big the seat is. I'm guessing the Elite's seat is bigger, but it's so hard to tell from the pictures.

Sorry there are so many questions, but there is no where near me to go and try them out. (My closest pram shop had a big falling out with Out n About, so I couldn't get an unbiased opinion on the nipper out of them!)

Thank you

Tiggywunkle Sun 31-Jul-11 11:03:06

I am planning to do a side by side comparison of the Nipper and Elite hopefully today but certainly this week. I have to say I really like the Elite after having the City Mini. The wheels are much better, you will appreciate the good storage, more luxurious seats etc and if you pop the wheels off what you have isn't much bigger than the City Mini - the footplate is the main difference to the bulk. Have a look here because top two are City Mini vs Elite side by side comparisons. I will do the Nipper vs Elite asap. Believe me I give honest views smile

Tiggywunkle Sun 31-Jul-11 20:54:33

I got both out earlier (after taking the Nipper to the beach on an outing) and surprisingly the Nipper is virtually the same size as the Elite but the Elite is taller, but the Nipper is wider. The biggest difference is weight - the Elite is heavy. There's no doubt that as things stand with the current Nipper, the Elite is head and shoulders better than the Nipper. I am guessing there won't be as big a gap with the new Nipper though. So my other niggles i think are addressed in the new version. The handle was a tad low for me at 5ft 6ins. My children weren't convinced about being so laid back, but the seats are bucket so at 90 degrees which isn't too bad but again the new seats will be more upright. The biggest issues are the recline which is a buckle on the Nipper so basically upright or flat. No in between without a major faff. But again I believe the new Nipper has a pinch recline like the Elite. The fold and set up is several steps - 3/4 which involved running round both sides rather than the dead simple Elite one. The Nipper storage pockets were awesome...but equally the Elite has some good ones too. I suspect the new Nipper could be real competition for the Elite. BTW it's a bit more money but have you seen the TFK Twinner Twist Duo and the new Mountain Buggy Duet? I will link you to my photos of the Elite and Nipper when I can get them online. I measured the seats too and will post those.

bunnynose Sun 31-Jul-11 22:18:16

Wow, thank you Tiggy for all that info!

I think I do prefer the Elite, probably because I like the City Mini anyway, but then the current Nipper 360 is lighter. I think my main concern is if the seat unit is big enough on the Nipper, height as well as width. I know you said you will post seat measurements, but would you say the Nipper would be OK for an almost 3 year old, or does the Elite have bigger seats.

Thanks again, and will have a look at the others you suggested.

orienteerer Sun 31-Jul-11 22:23:11

Have not read all of the thread but basically the bigger the wheel the smoother the ride (& easier to push over rough ground), used to have this, fantastic!

Tiggywunkle Sun 31-Jul-11 22:55:11

OK, these are my measurements done as accurately as possible!

Elite
Seat Back Height - 53cms
Back of Seat Width - 24.5cms
Front of Seat Width - 31cms
Seat Depth - 25.5cms

Nipper
Seat Back Height - 49cms
Back of Seat Width - 29.5cms
Front of Seat Width - 29cms
Seat Depth - 25cms

I am pretty sure the wheel size is the same. I am still trying to sort the photos for you.
These are some random strangers lol who I tried in the Elite - the youngest is age 5 and her sister is age 8. It was only taken to show the size of the Elite and for no other reason before anyone questions why an 8 year old is in a pushchair!!

Tiggywunkle Mon 01-Aug-11 01:56:03

Photo Set of Out 'n' About 360 v's Baby Jogger City Elite
Sorry that I haven't had time to write next to it yet but it took me all night to get the photos up. But it was good motivation to get these done! I hope they are useful. As I said before I think the new Nipper could well be a real rival for the Elite but at present the Elite has the edge. Can I draw your attention to the final two photos with the children in. These are taken days apart and you can see that the girl can't even reach the foot board of the Elite as yet, but her feet are well over the Nipper foot board. For me I think that would be my deciding factor. She is 2.9 years old.

bunnynose Mon 01-Aug-11 09:01:20

The photos are great! Thank you so much Tiggy!

There doesn't seem much in the seat sizes with the measurements written down, but in the photos the Elite looks so much roomier. The 2.9 year old looks nearly too big for the Nipper, but she looks quite small in the Elite. The 5 year old doesn't look too big for the Elite either!

I think it's going to have to be the Elite. Thank you again for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now