Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Buying 2nd hand - Quinny Buzz or Bugaboo Frog?

(18 Posts)
Macaroona Sat 30-Jul-11 17:25:52

Which would you go for? I'm a first-timer and like the look of both. Bugaboos seem to be more expensive on EBay generally, and I'm currently swaying towards the Buzz.

Any advice appreciated and anything else I should look for!

I'd like it to be parent-facing and foldable - other than that, I have no clue - chunky easy to steer wheels appeal - but mostly just want a lovely buggy that includes a carrycot and other extras grin

Thank you o wise ones!

Thandeka Sat 30-Jul-11 17:33:23

buzz is an unwieldy piece of crap dont do it!

I made that mistake on ebay with my first. Sold it when DD was 8months and made £20 profit! result!

Honeydragon Sat 30-Jul-11 17:42:10

Buzz is a work of evil..... it's sole purpose is too be too wide for town and too crap for rural and too heavy and cumbersome for transport.

Apart from that its ok grin

Macaroona Sat 30-Jul-11 18:06:09

Oh yikes ok! grin

It apparently has a pop-up system like an umbrella which made it sound super easy. Maybe not then! Are Bugaboos really the way forward then? If you had max 250 to spend on a new or 2nd hand buggy?

High resale price would be good, although if it's a good 'un I'll hang on to it for the next little one.

Honeydragon Sat 30-Jul-11 18:21:37

how soon are you looking to buy? £250 can get you some real bargains if you look at pick up only in your area?

I've got my 2nd Generation Cam on ebay hoping to get £240 which although not in your budget, you could get lucky with a Cam and buy other bits as and when needed very cheaply.

For £250 you'll certainly get a Gecko or a Frog. You could also keep an eye out for the Uppababy Vista you might get lucky.
just DON'T GET A BUZZ!

Honeydragon Sat 30-Jul-11 18:22:44

Or you could import from Amazon.com some huge savings to be made lots of people can advise you on this board on what can and can't be shipped.

Macaroona Sat 30-Jul-11 18:46:45

Thanks Honeydragon - not in a mad rush, am only 20wks pregnant! I think this is the one purchase that I want to be right. Everything else can be cheap, but I want a decent buggy. Will stick to my Bugaboo saved search on EBay and hope for a bargain. Total newbie to this - which is best, or are they all good? Any Bugaboos to avoid?

aswellasyou Sat 30-Jul-11 22:47:40

I know you don't need to be told this again but I can't help it-don't get a Buzz!grin They are really terrible pushchairs. I don't know what you mean about the umbrella thing, especially because they're so difficult to put up or down.

I have a Bugaboo Gecko and I love it! I think the Frog is a tad narrower but I'm not sure. I bought my Gecko for £129 on eBay including all the accessories. I sold the changing bag because I always use my handbag and made £10 back. You'd easily get a Bee on eBay for less than £250. I don't have any experience with them but everyone seems to love the Bee+ although the wheels aren't like the Cameleon/Frog/Gecko, so maybe that's out. You may well get a Cameleon in your budget but I'm not entirely convinced they're worth the extra money to be honest.

All in all, I'd stick to looking for a Frog or Gecko.smile

Macaroona Sat 30-Jul-11 23:59:02

Thanks aswellasyou, that's really useful. I'm well warned off the Buzz now - it just looks so nice on the internet and Quinny seems a high-end name, so thought would be good. If I can get a Bugaboo for under budget and if there's nothing else comparable, then Bugaboo it shall be for my pfb!

Honeydragon Sun 31-Jul-11 00:39:46

I've had the frog and the cam 2nd gen, I loved the frog but rate the cam chassis much mire on the 2nd gen. It's very easy to use, and it has the adjustable handle bar. Also the 2nd gen has foam wheels but pushes fantastically.

Frog lovely but more growing room with the cam too. Not tried the gecko though.

aswellasyou Sun 31-Jul-11 10:38:30

The Gecko has the exact same sized seat/carrycot as the Cameleon. I also like the fact you can get snow wheels for the front of the Cam/Frog/Gecko so it should be alright in the winter too.

OP, just in case you don't already know, they fold down in two pieces. This has never bothered me at all but I know that some people don't like two piece folds.

Honeydragon Sun 31-Jul-11 12:13:42

Aswellasyou

I always felt the cam had more head room than my frog confused but looking at the spec the seat dimensions are pretty much the same.

aswellasyou Sun 31-Jul-11 12:29:05

I think the Frog does have a smaller seat. I'm pretty sure it's narrower. But the Gecko and Cameleon seats are the same size, which means you can buy Cameleon tailored fabrics to go on the Gecko.smile

Honeydragon Sun 31-Jul-11 13:23:37

aaaah, not had a Gecko, tbf I was looking at the Geckos but ended up hugely over budget with the Cam blush

Honeydragon Sun 31-Jul-11 13:23:55

btw.....don't get the buzz grin

suzie38 Sun 31-Jul-11 14:27:32

The width of the Frog and Cameleon is identical as i swapped seats frames between the two chassis's...The Cameleon seat frame is exactly 2" longer so not much in it...Geckos don't have bumper bars which i find invaluable...I found the frog much nicer to push than the Cameleon whether or not it had air or foam tryres, as i had both...At 5' 2" i found the Frog handle a tad high but then i do like very very low handles...The snow wheels are brilliant though a bit faffy when you need to fold...The foam wheels fit onto a Frog Chassis...Cameleon customs can be used on the Frog.

Honeydragon Sun 31-Jul-11 14:30:09

That's why I got the Cam to try, but I lurve my Bee+ as can have the handles on the lowest setting, I found that I couldn't always comfortably push the Frog one handed

sazm Sun 31-Jul-11 17:00:13

i loved my buzz! so much that when i replaced it with a stroller(mac xt in black) i ended up buying another buzz as i missed it smile got rid of it when lo was 2 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now