Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Bugaboo Denim? Is it water proof?

(4 Posts)
nicnac73 Thu 28-Jul-11 20:30:48

Does anybody know if the Bugaboo Cameleon Denim 007 fabric is waterproof? When you think of denim you think of a fabric that absorbs water... Is this fabric coated, does anybody know, or is it really just like jeans fabric? Usually Bugaboos are in a nylon fabric, worried this one might fade or not be practical...

MonkeysPunk Thu 28-Jul-11 20:43:37

I don't think it is waterproof - I think it's proper denim cotton. It might be prone to fading if you leave it in bright sunlight (conservatory) for extended periods - and it's probably not showerproof like the nylon cordura standard covers are.
However, I bet it feels comfy for baby to sit on (slightly absorbant in summer heat I should think). It should also wash well and hide marks pretty well (like jeans do!). It definately looks very cool - and lovely with the sand base covers too!

ihateschooltrips Fri 29-Jul-11 22:21:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nicnac73 Sun 31-Jul-11 12:01:01

Eeek. I saw JLew seem not to be selling them anymore. I have just bid on ebay for one before I saw this message. If I win at least I know not to get it in contact with furniture etc. Might try spraying outside with scotchguard. Lets hope it doesn't dye the baby bright blue!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now