Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Just can't decide what to buy for toddler DD!

(11 Posts)
mintymellons Wed 27-Jul-11 10:59:46

This is my second post on here this week!

DD2 is 16 months and we need a lightweight yet winterproof stroller. she's been in a Quinny Buzz so is used to luxury, bt we've put that away now and she's been in DD1's old Maclaren Triumph, but she looks quite uncomfortable as the upright seat position is not upright at all.

My idea was to get a Maclaren Quest as it looks a bit more comfy. I then discovered the BJCM but it's more than we really want to spend.

I've spent AGES googling strollers and it's driving me mad. HELP!!!

Tiggywunkle Wed 27-Jul-11 12:29:48

There is a red kite jogger...I think it's the urban jogger which I have been looking at that is similar to a City Mini and are well under £100. The only thing I don't like is the hood isn't as big as the BJCM and appears to have a gap at the back. Have you checked the Kiddicare site because the last time I looked their Baby Jogger Metros were in the sale? Or consider a Baby Jogget Micro - just over £100 on EBay. The main differences are that they are a tad heavier, have smaller wheels, not a flat recline ( but you have a toddler) and a two instead of three fold hood. The only thing with the Metro and Micro is the seats may well not be upright either. It's the new 2011 Minis that are more upright.

MilkNoSugarPlease Thu 28-Jul-11 15:22:03

Quest is crap

I will recommend the Chicco Liteway until I'm blue in the face grin it's fantastic

stressheaderic Thu 28-Jul-11 15:25:25

Love my Quest. Won't have a bad word said about it!

MonkeysPunk Thu 28-Jul-11 16:15:47

Quick, go to www.tesco.com and buy the nipper 360 while its half price. Don't forget to buy the basket too as these are sold seperately. There's also a code up on the website for £10 off £100 spend. Single nippers start at £109.
They are excellent and lightweight too. Will see you over any terrain in all weathers.
the ltd edition versions have heavier wheels with harder to access tyre valves, so you might want to keep that in mind when choosing your colour.

StarryEyedMama Thu 28-Jul-11 16:53:53

I've just brought this after testing it out at the shop. I had a maclaren XT a few years ago for DD and loved it but wanted something a little lighter which is what the Quest is.

mintymellons Fri 29-Jul-11 11:08:51

Thank you.
Just went onto Tesco.com but the Nippers are sold out!
Still contemplating the Quest and the BJCM.

Fresh01 Tue 02-Aug-11 22:01:22

I have had a Quest for 5 years and still very happy with it. It is the pram car and now on child no. 3. It has travelled lots on planes and is always fine. Reclines a reasonable amount so they can sleep in it when on holiday.

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 04-Aug-11 12:00:57

Quest is great but small wheels can make it harder to push with a heavier toddler. XT is better as bigger wheels and more luxurious.
Or get a Micralite superlite and a good foot muff like a kaiser.

aswellasyou Thu 04-Aug-11 12:57:50

What about this? I'm really tempted myself but I've already got three single pushchairs.

Tonksforthememories Thu 04-Aug-11 13:07:44

I've just bought the BJCM in green for DS 22m. I can't believe it took me this long to find it! It's wonderful, so easy to use and a dream to push. DS loves it and he was starting to be very anti the Silver cross pop we had before. He sits far more upright too.

I got it for £175 from Precious little one and if you 'like' them on FB you get a code for £10 off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now