Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Baby Jogger City Elite (single) + Ford Fiesta

(11 Posts)
dldl Tue 26-Jul-11 22:11:48

Can anyone tell me if they have the Baby Jogger City Elite single, whether or not it fits in the boot of a Ford Fiesta without removing the wheels?

Please also mention what year your Ford Fiesta is - ours is 2005. We want to make sure it fits in the boot before we purchase it!

Thanks so much.

dldl Sun 07-Aug-11 10:52:48

Anyone able to help?!

bunnynose Sun 07-Aug-11 11:13:21

Hi,

I see the longest part of the Elite is 111cms when folded according to the Boots website. I used to have a 2000 Fiesta and a Maclaren with 110cm fold and it only just went in kind of diagonally. The Elites fold in half though so completely different to the Maclarens.

I have a 2003 Focus now and my Elite is being delivered on Tuesday, so I can let you now then if it fits with the wheels on. Obviously, if it wont fit in the Focus with the wheels on, it's not going to go in the Fiesta! It only takes a few seconds to pop the wheels off though, I take my current City Mini wheels off anyway if they are really dirty or I need more space in the boot, so it hasn't put me off from buying the Elite.

Tiggywunkle Sun 07-Aug-11 11:20:36

Gosh the Elite is nothing like 111cms!!! The measurements folded are 85x70.5x40.5cms folded with wheels on. Or 80x51x27.5cms with wheels off. It's dead simple to pop a wheel or two on and off. But I would have thought it would easily fit a Fiesta boot. the Elite is a fantastic pushchair. It's not much bigger than the City Mini.

bunnynose Sun 07-Aug-11 12:27:01

I wonder where Boots got those measurements from!!! Good to hear it's not much bigger than City Mini Tiggy. My City Mini went in the Fiesta no problem.

dldl Sun 07-Aug-11 17:04:08

Thanks so much for the replies! Really helpful...would love to hear from you on Tues, bunnynose, just to give me peace of mind, but it seems tiggywunkle that you have answered the question! Thanks so much.

Very excited for the pushchair - think it should be great!

dldl Wed 10-Aug-11 21:31:02

Bunnynose....I forgot to ask a silly question - where did you order your City Elite from? Was it reasonably priced?

Thanks!

bunnynose Wed 10-Aug-11 21:43:53

My City Elite has arrived!

It's a lovely pushchair, the seat has much more padding than the City Mini and it is even easier to push than the Mini.

It just about fits in my Focus boot with the wheels on, but it will only go in if the handle is pointing towards the back of the boot door or the back of the seats if that makes sense. I always put the Mini in the other way around (handle towards the side of the car) but the Elite is to wide for this with the back wheels on. It would go if I just took one back wheel of though. The actual size of the frame of the 2 pushchairs looks very similar though, so it is just the wheel size that makes the Elite wider.

I will probably put it in the same way as round as I put the Mini and just remove one back wheel so it is eaier for me to lift out. It only takes a few seconds to remove and refit the wheels, so not really a problem.

Tiggywunkle Wed 10-Aug-11 22:30:55

Glad you are happy. The Elite is a pushchair that is a little hidden secret gem. Like you say its not much bigger than the City Mini but you get a lot more in terms of features. It is really the wheels (easy to remove as you say) and the footplate that give the extra size. I love the Elite smile

bunnynose Wed 10-Aug-11 22:53:31

Tiggy I must say I was surprised how much more luxurious the Elite is compared the the Mini, even down to the harness! The Elite just glides so easily even up the hill and I'm a short weakling! Just got to get used to the adjustable handle. Never had one before and I can feel a slight movement in it, but I guessing thats normal as I'm only use to fixed position handles.

didl I ordered mine from Boots. It was £349.99, but I used code KWMC10 (expires 13th Aug) to get £10 off. Triple points and parenting club points worked out at £62.82 in Advantage Club points plus Quidco traked at £34. So after everything it cost £243.17

dldl Wed 24-Aug-11 21:18:37

Sorry I never thanked you for the info....am going to start tallying up all my points in different places and see where it will work out cheapest for me. You got a really good price - well done you!!

PS I have seen it online for £299 at quite a few places so if all else fails...!

Thanks again for all your help, and if anyone else stumbles across this thread and has a Fiesta - share your thoughts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now