Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Cheap basic pushchair for holidays

(6 Posts)
PussInConverse Tue 26-Jul-11 14:13:03

Can you recommend one? Cheap as chips but adequate, and suitable for 6mths plus. Ideally compact as will be stored at my parents' house.
Thanks!

SuperBabysMum Tue 26-Jul-11 14:39:01

We bought this: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001JJCLHG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002L3TSRK&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0B46SGJBSCJAYX90F57M

It was great! Small, light, easy to manoeuvre, to put up and down. Only drawbacks, not a very good sunshade, and baby didn't sleep brilliantly in it, I think because it doesn't recline fully. But he slept better at night because of his shorter naps! Otherwise, it was great and now I'm back to my 'regular' pram, I miss it! I've previously used a MacClaren for holidays, but preferred this.

Good luck finding your perfect one!

Flippingebay Tue 26-Jul-11 14:40:55

I bought a 'buggy' from tesco for 12 quid to use on holiday and it was great. Threw it away afterwards but it didn't really matter at that price

bunnynose Thu 28-Jul-11 17:23:41

How about this one

direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-8827.aspx

Doesn't look too bad for £15!

saoirse86 Fri 29-Jul-11 13:20:58

I bought a second hand Ziko Frankie on ebay for £25. Not the best pushchair in the world but then I didn't care if it got mangled on the plane as it was a cheap one. The most important thing for us what that DD could nap in it so wanted it suitable from birth or 3 months even though she's 10 months. My friend took a zapp on holiday when her DD was 9 months and said it wasn't good at all because she couldn't nap well in it.

Also definitely, definitely take a parasol if you're going somewhere hot. It was absolutely invaluable for us, and it fitted in the suitcase ok.

JohnniesBitch Fri 29-Jul-11 13:23:02

i swear by mothercare jives to take on holiday, good basic stroller. i dont need to buy one this year as have a cybex onyx already for dd2 who will be 2 in september.
but when buying for the other children and wanting something i wasnt worried about getting scratched etc, then the jive was adequate. it does have a small recline for naps. fine for a toddler and upwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now