Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Aaaaarrrrrrgh

(21 Posts)
irishbird Mon 25-Jul-11 22:16:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aswellasyou Mon 25-Jul-11 23:45:17

I've heard there's been a faulty batch and Bugaboo will send out new wheels. Take it back to where you bought it and ask them to contact Bugaboo for you.

FriggFRIGG Mon 25-Jul-11 23:46:35

what aswellasyou said!

irishbird Tue 26-Jul-11 06:20:14

aswellasyou Tue 26-Jul-11 10:35:28

You could try calling them first in case they're able to contact Bugaboo without seeing the faulty wheels.

Tiggywunkle Tue 26-Jul-11 10:52:05

Also Bugaboo will deal with you direct if you bought from one of their stockists.

ChocaMum Wed 27-Jul-11 10:27:40

Yes they will deal with you direct when you call their customer services number. They will just ask you for the serial number on the chassis and they post out the washer ring things very quickly.

Mintie190 Wed 27-Jul-11 17:58:29

Hi, I also have this problem and posted a thread but under the Pregnancy noticeboard. It always seemed to happen in the most awkward situations eg when getting on and off the bus in London. I sprayed WD40 silicon spray on the wheels 2 nights ago and it seems to have fixed the problem - the front wheels now swivel the full 360 degrees rather than getting stuck at 180. I think the washers are for fixing the known fault with the Bee of the wheels shimmying. I am going to call Bugaboo and discuss it with them anyway but as a short term solution you may want to give WD40 a go. Does anyone know the contact details for UK Bugaboo? The website seems to be US focused.

clare1974x Sat 30-Jul-11 20:15:09

Hi Mintie

I have exactly the same problem as you. My new bee is one week old and its first outing to a shopping mall yesterday was a nightmare.... wheels sticking at 180 degrees and causing pushchair to jolt and scare my 9 week old girl. In Next I tried to move off after paying for some clothes and the bee was stuck... I had to lift it up and move the wheels to get it to move. Very annoying, embarrassing and potentially dangerous if this happened when crossing a road!! I rang the shop I bought it from today and at first they didnt seem to want to help but then said they would email bugaboo. Will try WD40 - please let me know if you get anywhere. Thanks.

ChocaMum Sat 30-Jul-11 22:42:24

I'm sorry but I can't find the customer services phone number. I did email them using the message customer services bit on their website once you get to the uk site, and they emailed me back really quickly and posted out the washers as soon as they had my address and the serial number off the chassis. HTH.

LAbaby Wed 03-Aug-11 03:03:02

I have the exact same problem. Was halfway across the road today when it stuck, then the lights changed! Had to pull it onto the back two wheels to get my five-week-old to safety. Have emailed them and am awaiting a response.

bettydoc Sun 07-Aug-11 15:32:33

service.uk@bugaboo.com I had to contact them for the same problem as I bought my pram from Lullabys online. Very helpful! Sending new wheels.

irishbird Mon 15-Aug-11 19:21:15

Elar1 Fri 16-Sep-11 19:49:25

Dear all, Thanks for your posts, I thought there was smth wrong with me as the buggy is supposed to be sooo amazing! I nearly killed myself and the baby coming out of the coffee shop when each front wheel decided to go a different direction....so I learnt to kick the flippin wheels each time I want to turn or reverse...good work out! I suspect it might be the same batch, I'll contact them too. Many thanks again.

MrsBloomingTroll Sat 17-Sep-11 13:49:00

We've just returned from a nightmare shopping trip where our new Bee's wheels locked repeatedly. DH was fuming and all set on taking it straight back to get a refund today, but I convinced him to come home and let me do some research online, as I thought I'd seen something on th Bugaboo website about it.

Thank you for this thread. Going to give the WD40 a go, but, having already had a replacement seat unit for ours, I think this is the last chance saloon for our Bee. sob

MonkeysPunk Sat 17-Sep-11 19:12:31

If anyone is taking there's back and wondering which alternative parent facing pram to go for, I highly recommend the uppababy Vista. It really is fantastic.

hapagirl Tue 20-Sep-11 08:19:24

I thought I was going mad, but obviously I'm not the only one. My front wheels stick too and its a nightmare to use as I have a three month old, three year old and five year old. Sometimes I need to move fast! Its particularly bad when I pull it backwards. I contacted Bugaboo directly and they emailed me back a letter I can take to a Bugaboo retailer and get some new wheels. I'm going this weekend. I am worried about the damage to the chassis because I use it a lot with the front wheels up now and worry that its too much pressure for the back wheels. But what do you do when the front wheels won't move? I'm really disappointed in such an expensive product. I've only had it for three months. If its such a known fault, they should be doing a recall and not making the consumer do all the work. Rant over. Good luck to all of you with this problem. Hope it gets resolved soon.

MrsBloomingTroll Tue 20-Sep-11 12:54:29

hapagirl am also worried about damage to the chassis. We only had one outing with this issue but DH was using brute force to move the buggy and at one point I had to shout at him because the front wheel was bent and looked like it was about to break.

I wonder if Bugaboo will replace the chassis if also damaged?

I'm so gutted. Love my Bee, and I'd managed to get the Missoni hood for it and everything...sad

Purplebuns Tue 20-Sep-11 15:27:10

Blooming Bugaboo are sending me a new chassis because it has developed a mystery rattle, it still works perfectly after a year, so I am sure they will give you a new chassis. I can't believe so many of you are having this problem, this is the first thing to go vaguely wrong with my bee and I love it.

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 22-Sep-11 16:20:31

I've had an update from the store where we bought ours (independent retailer).

They have ordered new wheels for us, which will take 2 weeks to arrive. In the meantime they advised to keep the wheels lubricated using a silicone-based furniture polish such as Mr Muscle. Not WD40 (they were specific about that). It's been a while since I've owned any furniture polish wink

As an apology I was given the choice of a free accessory and went for the parasol as we lost our old one and already have a cupholder we never use.

I don't know if the gift was from the store or Bugaboo.

Given the socking discount we already got on the Bee package compared to large retailers, I am starting to feel sorry for the store. This is our second replacement part for our Bee.

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 22-Sep-11 16:41:49

BTW, Bugaboo's website says that this is NOT a safety issue. But IMHO if you're crossing the road with your baby in your Bee and need to get out of the way of a car quickly and can't because the wheels don't work....that's a safety issue! I am learning to only cross the road with it when the green man has only just come on, just in case.

Luckily we don't use the Bee every day, a lot of car-based travel. But even so!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now