Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Compact, foldable buggy - what do you recommend?

(7 Posts)
annebuttercup Mon 25-Jul-11 09:54:41

Hi, currently have an Emmaljunga Edge Duo Combi which I am not looking to replace - but am looking for a small, sturdy, foldable buggy for going camping with, using on the bus and for easy pop up and down! Not much of an ask. DD was a bit early so is quite small - almost six months and has only just got into 0-3 months clothes so it will need to be a buggy that is supportive of a wee one! Had a look but there is so much choice, can't decide! Thanks

Tiggywunkle Mon 25-Jul-11 10:41:19

The Baby Jogger City Mini is about the easiest to use and can be folded one handed and is slim so great on a bus. It's also suitable from birth. A fab lightweight pushchair. If you would like bigger wheels for driving across grass then consider the Elite. It's not much bigger and is packed with more features like very padded seats, parent console, etc

lostlady Mon 25-Jul-11 10:44:46

Another vote Baby Jogger City Mini- we were remarking last night how it was doing well having been put through mill at another festival. Plus is only buggy I can actually fold blush

aswellasyou Mon 25-Jul-11 11:55:46

lostlady, you wouldn't be doing very well if you couldn't fold a BJCM!wink I agree with getting one in purple.

Tiggywunkle Mon 25-Jul-11 12:47:06

I have just spotted this in a trade magazine, and it does seem like a cheap city mini. One of the reviews mentions an easy one handed fold. It looks like the basket is more accessible, plus it has a footrest that lifts up. I have no idea re the quality but the red kite pushchairs I have seen have looked fine. I am tempted just to get one to see how it compares to a BJCM. The price is great smile http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/22/12574/red-kite-push-me-urban-jogger---blaze/

Tiggywunkle Mon 25-Jul-11 12:51:35

www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/22/12574/red-kite-push-me-urban-jogger---blaze/

annebuttercup Tue 26-Jul-11 16:32:30

Thank you everyone! Must admit aswellasyou agree with the purple! Really like the babyjogger style and ease of use - tried it out today so think it will be the way to go! Just need to persuade DH that it has to be the purple one!! Looked at the redkite one too tiggywunkle but the purple has swung it for me - but thanks for putting me onto precious little ones - they are doing the bjcm at a great price! Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now