Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

lightweight buggy for a lanky mum!

(10 Posts)
babybaker Sat 23-Jul-11 12:11:22

Can anyone help me find what I'm looking for, please?
I'm about to become a first time Mum and can't lift much. I'm also on a tight budget, so will be looking at new and 2nd hand items for sale when I know what would be suitable. Went to two shops where I couldn't lift the models shown or baby was facing away.
My wish-list is:
Lightweight
Baby facing Mum
Single handle
Suitable for tall parents
Durable (baby likely to be tall too!)
I don't mind whether it is something from birth right through or not (but money is tight)
I'd be really grateful of any advice as I'm going round in circles (and weeping far too much) at the moment.
Thanks x

aswellasyou Sat 23-Jul-11 12:25:55

A Bumbleride Flyer would be good-the handle flipseither way. I don't know how high the Bugaboo Bee handle goes but it fulfills the other requirements and they go for around £175 upwards on eBay. Honestly, there's not a lot on the market that would suit you.

FriggFRIGG Sat 23-Jul-11 12:34:38

id just echo what aswellasyou says,but also,the buggaboo bee handles do go up really quite high.they are £££'s but you could try ebay for a bargain.

suzie38 Sat 23-Jul-11 14:38:24

I'll ditto the Bee as well.

MonkeysPunk Sat 23-Jul-11 16:42:45

Maclaren Dylan's Candy Bar Volo

MonkeysPunk Sat 23-Jul-11 16:46:03

Sorry - that one's not from birth - but from 6m - but is a very lightweight stroller.....nor is it parent facing... oops!

A second hand bugaboo bee might be a good option - or the bumbleride flyer - which might be obtained from www.amazon.com They also have a graco "flip" stroller which might work for you.

graco flip it

FriggFRIGG Sat 23-Jul-11 17:25:52

maclarens are NO GOOD for tall people,ive had a couple,im 5'8,and i spend the whole time hunched over and kicking the back of the strollerangry

sorry monkey,it IS pretty thoughgrin

Tiggywunkle Sat 23-Jul-11 17:38:30

Can you have this red kite pushchair parent facing as a pushchair ie not laid flat? It's got a rotating handle too so could go fairly high. Hard to know without seeing it though.

Tiggywunkle Sat 23-Jul-11 17:50:46

Or how about a My Child Mezzo (for some reason it looks the same as Versa on the Boots website but the Versa is much cheaper - I need to study why!) or the My Child Pinto. The chassis are 8kg and 7.3 kg and have extending handles. I think the Pinto looks very cool and it has a massive basket but it's £300ish for everything including a car seat which may be too much?

babybaker Sat 23-Jul-11 18:40:58

Thanks folks...this is a great help.
I was at the end of my tether (doesn't take much these days) but now my research now has some direction.
I swear buying a car was easier, even without baby hicciping on my bladder.hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now