Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Your votes please! Is the Koelstra Simba a decent buggy or should I just get a Maclaren Volo?

(26 Posts)
HettyAmaretti Sat 23-Jul-11 09:25:00

DS is 2.1, I've always just used the bugaboo but we've moved and it takes up too much space in the hall. Also a bit much for such a big lad, I feel.

Need a decent buggy to see us through the next year or so, but I don't want to spend a fortune. Which would you buggy lovers choose?

Oh, and I'm not in the UK, second hand buggies are not easy to come by here.

HettyAmaretti Sat 23-Jul-11 10:06:41

Please?

I'm utterly clueless and I really should place my order today...

suzie38 Sat 23-Jul-11 10:29:57

Well the Volo has neither a footrest nor does it recline...I'd go for the Simba but then i like unusual models but maybe that's common where you live and a Volo would be the unusual one.

HettyAmaretti Sat 23-Jul-11 11:30:24

mmm, recline I'm not so bothered about, DS never sleeps in the buggy. Hadn't noticed the lack of footrest somehow, is that a PITA for DC?

I like the look of the Volo more and the weight / size when folded is a real bonus.

The SImba is looking like it might actually be a better buggy overall though.

As far a popularity goes, I couldn't give a fig. I've been walking about with a bugaboo for almost 4 years and that is the most popular buggy here by a long shot. Functionality and practicality are the most important factors in the decision TBH.

Confused as well as clueless now grin

aswellasyou Sat 23-Jul-11 11:37:32

I vote Koelstra! smile

HettyAmaretti Sat 23-Jul-11 12:59:24

OK, so, 2-0 Koelstra. Have found it in the sale at one place for quite a bit cheaper than the maclaren too.

Any more votes.

TruthSweet Sat 23-Jul-11 19:47:31

Koelstra looks much better than the Volo so 3-0 to the Koelstra!

HettyAmaretti Sat 23-Jul-11 20:56:21

Ah, thanks for the vote. Am in a quandary so holding off ordering one or t'other.

HettyAmaretti Sat 23-Jul-11 20:59:13

Which is daft really, considering I meant to have one in time for the move hmm

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 24-Jul-11 12:52:27

Volo is utter crap but I'm a fan of the Koelstra!!

Chicco Liteway is fabtastic

HettyAmaretti Sun 24-Jul-11 13:23:28

Right a resounding NO for the volo then! That Chicco looks OK, is it worth paying that bit more for? What advantages does it have over the koelstra?

TimeHasToldMe Sun 24-Jul-11 13:26:57

I adore my Volo! I also have a 2yo DS who doesn't need a bug cam anymore. It's so light, really tough, v. easy to fold, really compact, I like the carry strap and mine (2010 model) does have a footrest.

HettyAmaretti Sun 24-Jul-11 13:32:34

Yes, the lightness (and look blush) of the volo really appeal to me. That said practically is what's most important. Which is why I'd more or less decided on the volo before I started this thread. Gah.

There's nothing for it, I shall have to go and compare and contrast IRL, will look at the lightway while I'm there too. Had hoped to avoid that but it's probably for the best.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 24-Jul-11 13:33:37

Koelestra is good, reminds me of a Maclaren Quest with durability, but the Chicco is very durable, I use one at work (Nanny), it goes up and down 15 steps at least twice a day (often 4 times), it has everything possibely known to man hung off it! and deals with a very boisterousness 2yo

It has a taller handle height then the volo which is fantastic (Am 5.6' and volo is to short for me) bigger wheels that go over bumps etc so well!

HettyAmaretti Sun 24-Jul-11 13:39:43

I've used a friends quest briefly before, it was nice. Seems a bit OTT for what I need really. Hence looking at the volo, but then I saw the sale price + extra functions of the koelstra...

Bigger wheels does sound handy, handle height isn't an issue for me (short arse) bu t might be handy for DP. I'll certainly check it out. Thanks!

buggyjo Sun 24-Jul-11 19:58:35

hi hetty,if you dont mind me askind which web site is the koelstra from,i cant find any and sounds like just the buggy im after.

HettyAmaretti Mon 25-Jul-11 08:21:29

here, it's not a UK site though, I don't know if they ship to the UK. Also here and here, same story.

HettyAmaretti Mon 25-Jul-11 12:50:56

Right, well, I went and had a look at all three.

The Chicco Lite Way was the best by far - thanks MilkNoSugar!

The Koelstra was very much like the own brand of the shop (Dutch equivalent of Mothercare) cheap looking, flimsy but basically OK. Rather narrow.

TruthSweet Mon 25-Jul-11 12:55:34

That's a shame as it looked so nice in the pictures. Glad you got one you liked though.

HettyAmaretti Mon 25-Jul-11 12:59:48

Yes, it did, but they do look suspiciously as if they've been generated in 3D. I asked DP (who does this as part of his job) and he agreed...

TruthSweet Mon 25-Jul-11 13:03:38

Yes I see what you mean they look a bit too perfect.

aswellasyou Mon 25-Jul-11 13:06:55

The Latinique is obvously computer generated in the images too and I suspect it's not quite so perfect in real life.
I've got a Chicco Liteway too. I really like it, but recently the front wheels have started to stick and one of them slopes outwards a bit. I hope it's just my one that's the problem.

HettyAmaretti Mon 25-Jul-11 18:34:47

yy TruthSweet, exactly. I tried looking for real pictures on line but everything I found looked old and shabby - now I know why...

MilkNoSugarPlease Mon 25-Jul-11 20:25:14

Huzzah! glad you liked it! one at work is going strong after 18m...and it was seconnd hand when we got it!!

HettyAmaretti Mon 25-Jul-11 22:51:06

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now