Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Britax vs baby jogger

(7 Posts)
tinker316 Thu 21-Jul-11 08:47:23

Hi!!
I'm in bit of a muddle!!
I need a new pushchair/stroller 4 DD who is 14 months.I have a britax b smart, which I'm keeping, but need something smaller 2 go on the bus, in town & taking DD 2 nursery.
I'm torn between the baby jogger micro & the new britax agile
Any advice??!!
I'm quite keen on 3 wheelers, but 4 some reason the agile will only be available as a 4 wheeler in the uk?? If I went 4 that, how/where could I order it??
Thanks smile

tinker316 Thu 21-Jul-11 10:24:32

Also- when is the agile available 2 buy?? I have tried looking, but can only find out that it's in September??

thisisyesterday Thu 21-Jul-11 10:26:57

i would go with baby jogger. we have one and love it, they're incredibly well made

Guildfordnanny Thu 21-Jul-11 11:26:28

I believe the b-agile is out in September. You should be able to buy ine from any Britax retailer - but I would think the independent stores will have it faster than the big chains because they tend to wait until their catalogues update. I have had this dilemma too because I hear the level of comfort for the child is better. But the fold is two step although still one handed. But having just had my son vomit everywhere all over my City Mini (sorry if it's TMI) the City Mini was so easy to strip down, shower off and put back together. It's also got a history as a great pushchair, comes with a lifetime warranty on the chassis and I have decided to stick with Baby Jogger. I am swapping my three wheel for a four though.

thisisyesterday Thu 21-Jul-11 11:51:16

how do they compare in terms of weight? folded dimensions etc?

the baby jogger is really light (well, feels light to me anyway) and pretty flat when folded, which is nice

Guildfordnanny Thu 21-Jul-11 11:53:12

Try www.bestbuggy.co.uk and use the 'compare pushchairs' tool, choose the two pushchairs, and the statistics eg weight etc will come up side by side..

tinker316 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:04:41

I have ordered the baby jogger wink
As I need one quite soon & can't wait til September sad
But I'm sure I will be tempted when the agile becomes available wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now