Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Small parent facing pram needed

(37 Posts)
pettyprudence Tue 19-Jul-11 20:48:35

Thought I would pick the brains of the pram experts and ask what is the smallest, lightest, parent facing pram on the market - preferably not very expensive? I just moved DS out of his carrycot and my pushchair is forward facing and I miss talking to him sad He's fine with being forward facing but I'm not.

This will potentially be my 3rd pram and ds is only 3.5months old blush..... so think I better go and join the pram addicts.

aswellasyou Tue 19-Jul-11 21:29:55

A Bugaboo Bee+! They're £400+ new though.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Tue 19-Jul-11 21:42:08

What do you have now? How small and you are basically asking for a bee at present grin

pettyprudence Tue 19-Jul-11 21:47:12

I have a britax b-mobile at the moment. It needs to be something small as my boot is almost non-existent (Peugot 107). I have been looking around and all the signs do seem to be pointing to a bee but I just can't afford one.

I also have an old style quinny buzz but that stays up in the house and is used for local country walks. I hate it.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Tue 19-Jul-11 21:53:30

For about £20 you could oick up a Pliko Venezia with reversible handle. Or for a little more a Streety. Both have a few steering issues.

Another option is to get a Zapp Xtra? They are around £200 new, although can be picked up for less. But it doesn't stay fully upright in rf.

Guildfordnanny Tue 19-Jul-11 21:56:26

A Zapp Xtra but never ever remove the adaptors coz they are expensive to replace or a Phil & Teds Smart with Verso adaptors.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Tue 19-Jul-11 21:58:50

Again with the P&T DO NOT LOSE THE ADAPTERS.

<you may sense a theme starting here> grin

Guildfordnanny Tue 19-Jul-11 22:04:24

Why don't pushchair manufacturers make a way to tether adaptors to the part they fit eg seat adaptors to the seat??

suzie38 Tue 19-Jul-11 22:10:10

A Bumbleride Flyer but you have to import from the USA.

pramsgalore4 Tue 19-Jul-11 22:11:03

venezia amd streety are rubbish, i have had both and really hated them

aswellasyou Tue 19-Jul-11 22:27:21

Do you live near either of these?
The Zapp Xtra is a good bet although really short. Guildford always says to buy an old chassis and a new Xtra seat unit.

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Tue 19-Jul-11 22:27:33

Both have a few steering issues. = venezia amd streety are rubbish,

yeah, it's true grin, I was trying to be tactful but on a limited budget unless your willing to import they are the cheapest RF option.

I quite like my Streety, despite forever referring to it as "the Bastard Streety", they have a peculiar, yet annoying charm.

Guildfordnanny Tue 19-Jul-11 22:36:14

Yes, an old chassis will be looser and therefore not a complete and utter piglet to put up and down! New chassis can be nigh impossible to slide. The Xtra seats are under £100 so bumpy an old Zapp for £50 on EBay, remove the fabrics and put a nice shiny new Xtra seat on top smile I bought a Bugaboo Cocoon for my baby because the Xtra feels a tad exposed and it worked beautifully until I a) lost the adaptors (well DH did when he forgot to pull the bag tight that they were kept in) and b) it was new and blinking awful to fold and eventually I had had enough. If it hadn't been for losing the adaptors I would have swapped to our old Zapp chassis which was easy to put up and down.

Patiencedeficit Wed 20-Jul-11 20:44:54

Oohhh, I thought you meant SHORT parent looking at a pram. grin

pettyprudence Wed 20-Jul-11 21:05:44

I quite like the look of that American one, esp the orange!

I did look at the zapp xtra but was put off because a) I hate my quinny - stupid folding mechanism so I am loathed to give the company any money and b) I didn't think it would be very good when ds got to toddler stage - no front step for him to climb in and out himself. But then by that point would I be on pram no4 anyway (McClaren)?

Does the zapp have the stupid hydrolic mechanism or is it a bit easier?

Guildfordnanny Wed 20-Jul-11 21:38:09

The Zapp doesn't have the hydraulic system but the fold is a complete PITA. It's something you do / use because space is tight and not much other reason! If you buy one, get an old one because the chassis should be looser (still a pain though) and you can always buy new fabrics.

pettyprudence Thu 21-Jul-11 10:06:49

omg a second hand bugaboo bee has just gone on sale on my local netmums (sorry for the treachery) for £175 but poss open to offers. It was meant to be(e)! I will sell all my other prams if I can get it grin Well, maybe hold on to the britax!

nicolamumof3 Thu 21-Jul-11 10:19:12

Is it old style bee? Still a good price if you can make an offer on it? I wouldn't recommend streety had one for a day push was dire

pettyprudence Thu 21-Jul-11 10:39:03

does anyone know if the old style bee can be parent facing? Can someone tell me if this is the old style bee? www.netmums.com/h/f/BOARDS/post_message/se_wales/2930325//?action=view&board=tblNearlyNew

Tonksforthememories Thu 21-Jul-11 10:47:01

Yes it can, it can also be folded with the seat facing either way. Most don't! Looks like the 2010 model but it's hard to tell from the pic. grin

mamadivazback Thu 21-Jul-11 11:40:43

Maxi Cosi Streety is a great Bee alternative.

aswellasyou Thu 21-Jul-11 11:47:20

Get it! I don't think you'll regret it-especially if you get some money off.smile

thesurgeonsmate Thu 21-Jul-11 11:47:32

I think it is old style. SOoid wheels and more of a "bucket seat" styling.

thesurgeonsmate Thu 21-Jul-11 11:47:59

Solid wheels. Sorry

suzie38 Thu 21-Jul-11 12:59:13

Yes it's got the bigger hood so an original model.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now