Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Any opinions on Stokke

(13 Posts)
9DonkeysAndABoy Sun 17-Jul-11 21:17:11

Hello, we are buying our first ever pram / pushchair and are torn between UppaBaby Vista and Stokke Xplory. They seem quite different, I know, but Uppa is actually quite tall (compared to, say, Cameleon). Height is the thing that really attracts me to Stokke, as I love the idea of our LO exploring the word with us, being away from dogs / cars... The only thing that holds us back is its bulkiness. Not even the weight, as I find it a lot lighter than a lot of other prams! The carry cot is really light. Any Stokke owners out there with opinions, particularly if you found the bulkiness too offputting? And did the strange look of it bother you / entice annoying comments?

Thanks!

ImpyCelyn Sun 17-Jul-11 21:23:50

I would have loved one but we couldn't stretch to it.

I have friends who swear by Stokke made kit though.

pramsgalore4 Sun 17-Jul-11 21:46:27

i had a 2009 stokke they are lovely, lovely to push, large basket, child up high, you do get loads of looks and comments so be prepared but most people think they are great. I would say the rain cover is a pain because it is either on or off no inbetween ie up on the hood, if you put too much weight in the basket it does get a little heavy to lift up kerbs, but not that bad as to be impossible just a bit heavy. i nearly bought a vista after much research and am still secretly wanting one but want a mima xari more. i would recommend a stokke xplory , but if i was to buy one now i would want the new one as it looks nicer. If i had to choose now between a vista or a stokke and it was my first, i would choose the vista as it will grow with your family ie the rumble seat is due out soon and the piggyback board, and it has a huge basket, look on the addited to prams thread, think its monkeyspunk has one and loves it smile

dyzzidi Sun 17-Jul-11 21:51:27

I don;t have one of these as my DD is too old for a pushchair. Just one thins my friend has one and when I looked after her DS I really struggled to get the stokke in the back of my midsize car. It does look fab but you should definately check your boot dimensions.

omnishambles Sun 17-Jul-11 21:57:40

And they dont fit at all in nursery pushchair bins iyswim not that you would want to leave them in there as they are too expensive and on the bus the footprint is too large.

9DonkeysAndABoy Sun 17-Jul-11 22:04:29

Thank you all, that's very useful.
We live in central London and don't drive much, though this might change! But if we get a car we'd probably look for a large boot one.

Prams, yes we are looking at the latest model. Mima Xari is a little bit similar to Stokke, I find.

whamfan Sun 17-Jul-11 22:05:54

I have a 2010 Xplory (gutted the new one came out 3 weeks after I bought mine) and I do love it. The only drawbacks I'd say are:

1) It can be awkward to fit in a small car boot. I have to remove the wheels and seating unit to fit it into my mother's car. It does fit in my car though so really depends on the car.

2) As previous poster said it can be quite heavy, especially with stuff in the bag.

but, it is a lovely pram to 'drive' and my DD loves being up high. Plus its great on the old back! It does get a few comments and looks but mostly positive (some old men ask if I have dd in golf buggy! ?!)

I got mine from Back In Action as it was the cheapest place on the web
www.backinaction.co.uk/xplory

They will price match if you find it cheaper too! Happy pram shopping!

titferbrains Sun 17-Jul-11 22:11:22

Am still wavering about getting one for dc2 due in sept. I currently use buses a fair bit and current pram is so easy to use on buses, it's a micralite toro. But am longing to have baby hi up and facing me.

pramsgalore4 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:16:30

if you don't drive i think i would go for the vista as you would be able to fit your changing bag in the basket and still have loads of room for shopping

pramsgalore4 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:17:39

i got mine from backinaction as well

StueyB Mon 18-Jul-11 16:49:29

Whamfan - what was it like on non-flat ground? I've seen several reviews and have friends who say it is quite poor, one said "awful" on anything other than pavements. I was told to take it nowhere near grass or a park unless it is laid like a bowling green.

pramsgalore4 Mon 18-Jul-11 17:09:53

i pushed mine accross a green everyday it was bumpy and i would not want to take it over anyting other than slightly bumpy grass, it is an urban pushchair really

9DonkeysAndABoy Mon 18-Jul-11 20:57:58

Wham, that is a lot cheaper, thank you!
Prams, I usually do not do too much shopping, as I get groceries delivery, and the rest I am sure can fit into the Stokke bag. But I am reassured to see that someone with your nickname owns a Stokke!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now