Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

I need a twin buggy for a newborn and a 2.5yo but have minimal budget - help!

(10 Posts)
PeggyCarter Sat 16-Jul-11 16:27:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeggyCarter Sat 16-Jul-11 16:28:22

Indith Sat 16-Jul-11 16:34:38

I always think that it is best to wait and see with getting a double. Can you use a sling and buggy or get a buggy board off ebay and then see how things go before spending a lot of money on a double?

If your dd gets used to walking a lot then she may well be fine with a buggy board, or you can get a decent sling to keep under the pushchair and swap them around as needed.

Double wise I ended up with a phil and teds, I had 2 years between mine and ds was a late walker so buggy board and such just didn't end up being an option. That doesn't seem to be something you want though but it is very practical. Remember that with side by sides it can get pretty tricky with shopping etc for width. With a tandem you can still fit through small doors, navigate between rails in clothes shops and so on!

controlleddemolition Sat 16-Jul-11 16:35:48

Hi, my DD1 was 22mo when DD2 was born.

I got a 2nd hand Twin Maclaren Techno for £100 off ebay. It did the job - it was quite heavy to push and go up kerbs but I didn't find it too bad.

I found I stopped using it when DD1 was 2.5 though, she's not a great walker but we have a buggy board which we get on fine with (actually it's not a buggy board but a toddler step on our old pushchair, but same idea).

Is your DD ok with being in a buggy? I've found with mine and most of my friend's they've got to about 2 and a half and not wanted to be in them anymore.

missmapp Sat 16-Jul-11 16:36:30

There is a 2.5yr gap between my two and when ds2 was born we had a side by side cheap ( about £150) pushchair from mothercare, it was rubbish and v.hard to push, so I gave up and ds1 walked everywhere instead! I dont know if i had a bad make, but I think cheaper pushchairs can be harder to push/steer, so it maybe worth training dd to walk!!

controlleddemolition Sat 16-Jul-11 16:38:49

Actually I want rid of my Maclaren Twin Techno as it's just taking up room and not being used at the moment, you can have mine for £50 if you want, as I said, I only used it for 6 months and it was nearly new when I bought it.

PeggyCarter Sat 16-Jul-11 16:46:43

controlleddemolition Sat 16-Jul-11 16:48:39

No problem joyful. No pressure at all if it's not what you're after.

Guildfordnanny Sat 16-Jul-11 18:51:36

Honestly given you have a 2.5 year old I would sit and watch Ebay for a second hand Baby Jogger City Mini Double - or if you can stretch to a new one Next are one of the cheapest retailers at present. I think you will find one much easier to push than an umbrella fold and both your children should be very comfy and the pushchair shouldn't feel unbalanced with two different weights in. If you buy second hand I bet you can get the same money back after when you have finished. Baby Joggers have a life time warranty on everything but the fabrics so you dont need to worry about it falling apart on you.

Guildfordnanny Sat 16-Jul-11 18:52:34

BTW the new 2011 BJCMs take a carrycot but not a car seat. Or you can do what others did in the past and use a Petit Zia or Graco soft cot to make a parent facing carrycot option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now