Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

sister in law stealing my bugaboo!!!!!!!! LOL

(27 Posts)
Dkipper Fri 15-Jul-11 15:55:15

Hello everyone, Im new to Mumsnet today smile I've got a bit of a problem..

My sister in law has persuaded my hubby to give her my sons bugaboo cameleon so I am having to find a new mode of transport for my 18 month old.
He still naps in the afternoon so Im looking for a pushchair / stroller that :

reclines flat with leg support - no dangly legs please smile

a one bar handle as I have to hold my other sons hand whilst pushing.

folds up in one , fed up with the wheels / seat battle with other makes

Parent and forward facing would be nice but not essential.

As he is 18 months old he need a fair bit of headroom.

Hope some of you more experienced people can help and give me some ideas. The baby jogger city mini is the one that I am considering at the moment

OuchFriggingBludger Fri 15-Jul-11 16:31:04

i cant believe your DH is giving away your pushchair! shock

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 15-Jul-11 16:34:21

Well he needs to get it back!

scarlettsmummy2 Fri 15-Jul-11 16:36:49

just say no, and she can have it in a years time when you don't need it anymore. It is not as if it is a cheap buggy.

Gastonladybird Fri 15-Jul-11 16:36:54

You still need this so wtf is he giving it away for..

HappyDoll Fri 15-Jul-11 16:41:21

grin Welcome to mumsnet...dads aren't allowed to make buggy decisions here!!! grin

At 18 months I swapped my bugaboo for a good old McLaren (the LG print was too lovely to refuse) and although it doesn't meet 2 of your requirements (one bar and lie flat) it is a fantastic pram to have. Worth a try, definately.

countrybump Fri 15-Jul-11 16:47:44

Mountain buggy is great, meets nall your requirements, but is a bit expensive given that you've already shelled out for a bugaboo!

I think I'd be tempted to just say no to govong it away until you no longer need it, or buy your SIL a cheaper mode of baby transport as a gift!!

Gastonladybird Fri 15-Jul-11 16:47:47

Another mclaren vote here- had techno xt since birth and it near as dammit goes flat

pramsgalore4 Fri 15-Jul-11 16:56:02

scare him and tell him thats fine but you want a mima xari
http://www.cheekyrascals.co.uk/1570/xari

mamadivazback Fri 15-Jul-11 17:27:06

Hello and welcome smile

Do you want to give away your Bugaboo? It sounds as if your SIL is being pushy about it and if she is so desperate for one she should buy one herself! It sounds like you are happy with the one you have so no point in buying another unless you need it.

If you want something smaller then the Loola Up is compact and meets all of your requirements.

Jane Solo R is also an option.

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 18:17:04

Bee + it's expensive but that will teach dh!!

thisisyesterday Fri 15-Jul-11 18:30:33

what kind of crap is this??? your SIL has "persuaded" your husband to give her a pushchair that you still use?

FFS woman just say no!

why on earth would he say she can have it?

MonkeysPunk Fri 15-Jul-11 20:23:38

I think the problem could easily be solved, your husband will have to buy sil a different cameleon and leave yours alone as you are still using it! It's that or she has your old one and he buys you a new one!

PirateDinosaur Fri 15-Jul-11 20:26:12

A new Bugaboo Chameleon, perhaps in a different colour. He may think twice about giving away your stuff that you still use next time...

MooMooFarm Fri 15-Jul-11 20:30:42

FFS what does he think he's doing - and why does she think it's ok to ask for it when your DC is still only 18m old?

Give em both a slap and pinch it back!

Dkipper Fri 15-Jul-11 21:02:25

Thanks for the marital advice but it's the pram I need help with :-)
No, seriously. son's head is almost at the top and I fancy a change anyway.
Also sil is paying so what's the most expensive :-)

aswellasyou Fri 15-Jul-11 21:18:30

I'd get her to buy you a Mima Kobi or Mima Xari or an iCandy Strawberry if you can wait until September-ish.

StrandedBear Fri 15-Jul-11 21:27:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aswellasyou Fri 15-Jul-11 21:59:37

There are some really good reviews here. They're all very honest reviews and they know their stuff. If you're considering having another baby soon or even two more in quick succession, I'd be looking at pushchairs that convert between a double and single.

Dkipper Sat 16-Jul-11 00:14:50

no, no more for me . One on his feet and the other waiting to get his new set of wheels.

MonkeysPunk Sat 16-Jul-11 08:26:29

The uppababy Vista is my favourite, and has more headroom than the cameleon.
It's super easy to push even with my three year old in it. You will love the huge basket beneath, esp as a mother of two.

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 16-Jul-11 08:50:33

iCandy Strawberry, Maclaren Techno or Bee+. They are the too 3, ignore everyone else wink

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 16-Jul-11 08:50:49

top 3

AmazingBouncingFerret Sat 16-Jul-11 08:58:45

Hang on your SIL is paying? Why doesnt she just buy herself a new pushchair and leave you with yours??

mamadivazback Sat 16-Jul-11 10:38:52

I'd go for the Jane R Solo as it is one of few which can fold easily with seat facing either way and the seat is a decent size and it is relatively lightweight.

I guess it's fair enough if SIL is paying because it is cheaper for her to buy a new pushchair for you than a Bugaboo which you no longer want anyway smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now