Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Dont buy iCandy - problems with pram & company

(9 Posts)
dontbuyicandy Fri 15-Jul-11 11:11:08

Don’t buy iCandy products

Please read my blog
Its one parents stand against a poor product & the company that has appalled & outraged me and many other parents.

Parents’ consumer rights shall not be ignored.

www.icandyuk.weebly.com

thank you

MonkeysPunk Fri 15-Jul-11 15:23:58

Hmmm, I've never tried iCandy - so cannot really comment - but looking at your website I think I'd avoid getting one!

pramsgalore4 Fri 15-Jul-11 17:24:26

they have a bit of competion now the mima kobi it looks alot nicer and smarter, its just lush grin

littleducks Fri 15-Jul-11 17:32:02

I bought an icandy cherry when it was first released, it broke twice within 6 months. There was no way I could get my money back. I paid for a replacement seat, which then broke.

It sits in the garage, dangerous and unusuable looking pristeen, with the new (broken) seat wrapped in the plastic it came in as it stopped working before I could even take it off.

The independent shop I bought it from was not helpful either, probably because they couldnt afford to refund me and didnt care, as it ws obvious they had lost my future custom at that point.

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 15-Jul-11 17:34:00

I bought an iCandy Apple, had it over 3 years and the only problem I've ever had is the handlebar foam fraying. Contacted them about it and they couldn't have been more helpful. Hey ho.

FessaEst Fri 15-Jul-11 17:43:47

We have got an iCandy apple jogger, and only had a small problem with the pin in the front wheel corroding. Took it back to the shop, who lent us an identical replacement, and it was fixed quickly and for free by iCandy. I guess you can have a problem with most brands, sorry to hear you've been so unlucky.

sabas Mon 01-Aug-11 20:32:06

dontbuyicandy i have an Icandy and wanted to read your blog but the links dont work?

Kayano Tue 02-Aug-11 18:18:55

It's a very poor blog post to be fair

PussInConverse Wed 03-Aug-11 09:16:43

link didn't work.
I love mine, despite shoddy foam handlebars.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now