Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

are zia's any good

(10 Posts)
mumtoaandj Thu 14-Jul-11 21:18:16

i love my vigour-love parent facing but my 21 month old needs a smaller folding pushchair for when grandad and child minder look aftr him. i have a m+p pulse or something which i tried him in but he was uncomfy and the back rest buttons made a noise when i tried to reclind it-it woke him up. so after hnting for a parent facing buggy i am giving up and am now after a small fold reclining pushchair that is comfy for naps, has a viewing hood and does not fall over if a robust 5 year old brother wacks into it.

HereLiesDobbyAFreeElf Thu 14-Jul-11 21:20:10

No they are very flimsy.

Get a Maclaren Quest or a Baby Jogger city mini/micro.

nicolamumof3 Thu 14-Jul-11 21:22:59

no very low and flimsy

tutu100 Thu 14-Jul-11 22:53:48

I've got a Zia +. I bought a reconditioned one from Nursery Value and when it arrived it was brand new! I am actually very impressed with it. It has adjustable height handles which are quite a bit higher than the old Zia. It pushes really nicely and the best bit that I love is it folds compactly and is free standing.

The downside is it doesn't feel as substantial as other pushchairs I've had, but so far it has withstood my 2 kids messing around in it. It won't fall over if knocked into.

I have had lots of pushchairs and whilst not perfect for every situation (I have a Nipper 360 for offroading), it's great for in the car and shopping. It is ds2's (2 years 7 months) pushchair of choice.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 14-Jul-11 22:55:04

Very low and I'm 5' 2"

mumtoaandj Fri 15-Jul-11 11:24:19

how are maclarens padded? the m+p thing we have is awful and baby does not like the bars at the side/the frame when he is sat up and when i relcine it makes a noise?!?
i need a compact pushchair (more compact than vigour)within 10 days time-ideally parent facing or atleast with a viewing hood, that is sturdy to go over cobbles and to withstand a tantruming 5 year old brother and low enough for baby to get in and out by himself and also with a good harness. am i out of luck??

mamadivazback Fri 15-Jul-11 11:36:34

Pliko switch
Bebecar RVERSUS
Huack Eagle
P&T Smart Verso

All compact for rear facers but umbrella handles are not the sturdiest for one handed pushing if that would be an issue.

mamadivazback Fri 15-Jul-11 11:40:32

Should also add Maclaren pushchairs are barely padded but can be used with a liner and much clunkier than the M&P Pulse to recline so would steer away from that.

Baby Jogger city mini is great and has a silent drawstring recline but like most others would be best used with a liner if you are bothered about padding.

Micralite superlite is comfy as it is more a hammock style seat and you get padding with it, but it has a very minimal recline but a great pushchair for most terrains.

Sirzy Fri 15-Jul-11 12:35:40

I had a zia and sold it after a few months. Then had a m and p buggy which was fine til it went rusty. Now got a maclaran and love it.

ENormaSnob Sat 16-Jul-11 14:58:25

Hated my maclaren quest.

Have a bjc micro and not loving that either to be honest.

<unhelpful grin>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now