Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Maclaren XT is dying... what to replace it with?

(9 Posts)
MinnieBar Wed 13-Jul-11 14:55:17

DD2 is 14mths, not walking and nearly two stone. She'll be our last baby so I don't want to spend £££ on a new pushchair, but I haven't got a clue what to go for! I guess we'll be needing it for another year or so.

I really like the Maclaren - Mothercare do a similar style for £60 new but I'm suspicious that this is too cheap. I'm happy to get something second hand but I just don't know what to look for. Can anyone suggest anything??

TIA

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 17:43:34

I think we have a maclaren buggy in good condition if you are interested?

MinnieBar Wed 13-Jul-11 23:09:10

Ooh indeedy. I'll PM you in the morning, assuming that the techy probs are fixed by then… thanks!

mamadivazback Wed 13-Jul-11 23:09:17

I'd say get another XT if you were happy with it as they hold their sale value if you are not planning on having another baby.

There are some on Ebay for £55+

TheOriginalFAB Thu 14-Jul-11 16:42:29

Okay, no rush.

MonkeysPunk Thu 14-Jul-11 18:02:10

Personally I would take the opportunity to use as an excuse to buy a plum baby jogger city mini as your baby is quite young still. (WWW.next.co.uk do them for £195). The basket is bigger and easier to access than the maclarens, the seat is bigger and more ergonomic for your child. The hood is amazing, keeping off most sun or rain showers. The wheels run really smoothly, with sealed ball bearing units in them. The fold is so simple and fast too. It's really compact folded.

HipHopOpotomus Thu 14-Jul-11 18:05:54

I got our mclaren xt techno on eBay for £30!!!!! Still going strong though it's having a rest as dd1 non longer needs a buggy and dd2 is in a micralite toro (which I love). Despite loving the toro I'm holding onto the mclaren for travellig grin

MinnieBar Thu 14-Jul-11 19:26:42

Our current Maclaren I did get on eBay four years ago but there just don't seem to be that many going at the moment - once you factor in postage some of them aren't that cheap!

I've just had a look on eBay and someone is selling new baby joggers for £95 (I think, under £100 anyway). Tempted…
<sits on hands>
<removes hands to PM Fab>
<reminds self to be frugal>
<remembers we've got enough in our paypal account>

HipHopOpotomus Thu 14-Jul-11 22:33:50

Yep delivery can kill the deal. I was lucky enough to find mine close enough to collect. I just love spending my paypal eBay loot - almost like getting stuff for free grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now