Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

mountain buggy freerider

(4 Posts)
mummysleepy Tue 12-Jul-11 14:28:03

anyone got one of these? considering getting one and wondering how good it is in terms of sturdiness and practicality or whether it just gets under your feet? Also how does it compare to microscooters in quality

TIA smile

pramsgalore4 Tue 12-Jul-11 16:27:43

i have looked at this and when you watch the video it looks like she is having to push the buggy walking to one side [not in the middle like you would normally ] this would get on my nerves and would be uncomfy after a while, was the only thing that put me off, have pushed pushchairs where you have to stand to the side and hated it, it is a shame as it looks really good, will be watching this thread with interest grin

Guildfordnanny Tue 12-Jul-11 16:57:55

I have seen it and it seems great. Very sturdy. It's got a very wide footplate compared to a normal scooter which looks odd as a scooter but when you realise it's a buggy board and both feet need to fit on then you understand why. It attaches easily with a connector. You can leave the connector on the pushchair to remove the Freerider. You can also pull it up out of the way eg after a school run and the handle threads down the middle. It is a balance scooter rather than handle steered one. It's definitely on my wish list for another years time rather than a buggy board. I would say it's better as a scooter for a 3 going on 4 year old. It's a bit big for my almost 3 year old to use as a scooter but fine to stand on. I push pushchairs one handed with my right hand in the middle so it suits me better than a buggy board. Someone asked me whether they thought it would survive a four year old throwing it to the ground and I would say yes. After all it's made by Mountain Buggy ;) BTW new connectors are on the way for certain Baby Joggers (I think it's the City Mini), P&Ts, Chameleon, nipper etc

mummysleepy Fri 15-Jul-11 14:46:38

thanks for that
I had completely forgotten I had started this thread hence the delay in responding! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now